Disc Read Error

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Disc Read Error

Post by Angelalex242 »

If you have one of these for only one disc (In my case, Disc 1), what should be done about it?

In the beginning, it was just the victory animations for battles didn't animate.
Then, the loadtimes got slower, and slower.
Then, the game softlocked (Music playing, but cannot interact with game.)

Now, it just won't read the disc at all.

How is this fixed?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kitdra
Student of Vane

Re: Disc Read Error

Post by Kitdra »

Maybe the disk needs to be clean/repaired. There's few stores that can do that, I forget the name of the one that was closest to me(went out of bissness a while back). maybe ask a Gamestop if they know of any places near you that could do what... I know my disks need that, had some scraches and would frezz in the same cut scean everytime. Works well now.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Disc Read Error

Post by Ardent Fox »

Usually your local music stores will be able to repair CDs for you for a fee or sometimes if they're not doing much you can get it done for free. You can also buy a CD repair kit yourself usually from music/movie stores and keep the discs in good repair yourself. All depends on how you want to do it.