Secret Game?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Ericsc
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Secret Game?

Post by Ericsc »

Tim Trzepacz in a Sega-16 interview said
and then Victor took his sweet time with the text and the dubbing, so I wrote the secret game Lords of Lunar to pass the time. I also wrote a secret game for Lunar 2 that was a eight-player, hi-res, polygonal version of Spacewar.
I remember "Lords of Lunar" on the Making of disc.

But, I don't remember this. Anyone know how to access it?

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Secret Game?

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Hmm, not sure I've ever heard of this. I remember a secret game in Arc the Lad, but nothing EB.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

What? I've never heard of that! That's amazing if it's true.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

I remember the Lords of Lunar one, but I don't recall EB having one. : /

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Lishy
Lyton Singer

Post by Lishy »

Only one way to find out: Rom hacking!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I rather don't think the minigame actually made it in. Tim Trzepacz was no longer at Working Designs by the time EBC was released; actually, I think he had already left by the time the EBC demo came out, something like eight months before the full game did. And I do remember people hacking the demo and while other indications of Tim's involvement with the game were present, I don't recall hearing anything about a minigame, and I would have heard.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

The statement does seem to be made ambiguously enough in that it doesn't state if they ever actually included it in the game. To date I haven't heard of anyone actually accessing it, which'd include folks who'd have gotten at the source code by now. So I doubt it was ever included as well... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)