Favourite Crest Combinations?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Erasculio
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Favourite Crest Combinations?

Post by Erasculio »

Well, I'm playing through the game again, after leaving it unfinished some years ago, and I'm wondering, what's you people's favourite Crest combinations for your characters?

Right now, in Zophar's Domain, I'm using:

Hiro: Warrior Crest & Goddess Crest
Jean: Power Crest & Mind Crest
Ronfar: Chiro Crest + Earth Crest
Lemina: Magic Eye + Wind Crest
Leo: Hunter Crest + Healign Crest

(By the way, does anyone know what "Elemental Field" magic does?)

Erasculio

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I *think* if a certain elemental field is right, then that elemental magic spells are intensified. Meaning, if the field element is ice, then ice magic will be more powerful.
-G1

Dragonship Destiny
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Dragonship Destiny »

First post is exactly how I feel. And:

Gale Crest- Goddess Crest

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Point about Goddess Crest/Althena's Sword.

Althena's Sword gets an extra attack and regen when the Goddess Crest is on Hiro. Just like it does when Alex uses it. Apparently, Althena being gone causes the sword to loose a little oomph...but the Goddess Crest makes a good substitute.

And yes, use Gale for the other Crest. Hiro can get 6 attacks that way. 3 natural+1 for Althena/Goddess+2 for Gale/Goddess.

And it's worth noting if you put Gale+Goddess on anyone BUT Hiro, you sacrifice an attack for no good reason.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I thought there was another thread referring to Alex getting another attack from Althena's Sword, but if so, I can't find it. So I'll just bump this one to remark that I just saw that in TSS Alex does not get another attack from the sword. I'd always thought he did, but I just watched a video in which the levels were much lower than mine usually were at that stage and Alex has just two attacks to the end. I think I must usually have reached the level where he gets the third attack at about the time he gets the sword each time, so I always thought it was the sword conferring the third, or rather, his becoming a dragonmaster.

Doesn't make much difference to other games, of course. I just thought it was interesting. Maybe everyone but me who played TSS already knew this. I don't think there were any weapons in that game that added attacks, now that I think of it.

Reaper
Lyton Singer

Crests are cool...

Post by Reaper »

Not including the Goddess crest I love combining crest that give you combined magic attacks. Like wind and lightning is a cold combo. :twisted:
The end will come to death
but death will never end