If Eternal Blue is remade for PSP...

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

If Eternal Blue is remade for PSP...

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Ruby's human form should make it into the game with added story elements, and there should be information on where she came from. Of course it was never explained where Nall came from either. It's just a shame that the artbook is the only place you can see what could have been. She reminded me of the child form of Ryo-Ohki(sp?) from Tenchi Muyo.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: If Eternal Blue is remade for PSP...

Post by GhaleonOne »

Plus, I want 3-orb tough as nails Borgan back, and definitely the Hiro-crystalization scene. And I think I liked the old Azado better than the remake Azado.
-G1

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Tough Borgan? Definitely. The other two I'm not sure about. While crystallized Hiro drove the point home better plot-wise, it was probably cut because it's a hassle for the player. Even though I missed it I can understand why the developers would leave it out. And I think the Azado scenario should be redone again. Both versions are weird. Mix and match elements of the two and I think we'd get a winner.

Top of my wishlist is the return of Ghaleon's second theme. And I want new animation where the CG isn't crappy and the characters don't look like they have fetal alcohol syndrome. :P
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Wow, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Lunar. Who woulda thought? G1, you're also forgetting the Lucia bondage cinema which was such a treat for the Sega CD Eternal Blue and was sorely missed in the remake.

It would be nice to have some new story additions and more spells, or a nice homage to Alex and Co. since they were pretty much ignored plotwise. Even though they have no importance to the story, they were the ones to lay waste to Ghaleon and Nall barely pays homage to them either.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

If Eternal Blue were remade for PSP I think it's fair to say the Epilogue will be a bit longer. What do Lucia and Hiro do?!

Maybe they could put in some game play during the time on the Blue Star when Althena had to white wash everything. That would be interesting.

I would also like Lucia's character to be more explained. A lot of who she is becomes assumption because nothing is really nailed down about the reason for her existence. I would like to see her origins.

I hope that they would show a little more back story between Ronfar, Leo, and Mauri, so that when Ronfar betrays his friend the emotional impact is stronger.

Maybe there could be more character development of the Black and Blue dragons. Maybe Lunn's character and organization can seem like it actually does something other then kidnap kids. I really felt let down and thought he was such a wimpy bad guy. Same with Borgon, what was his goal? Build Neo Vane so he could bed Lemina's mom? I mean really, thats why Ghaleon and Zophar was such bad asses when it came to evil.

I stated previously somewhere else that I would like to know why there are teleportation towers between Lunar and the Blue Star. I would like to see their construction explained. Because when you think about it, nothing adds up...Why would you build it if you knew the Blue Star was destroyed? It'd couldn't have been built before the Blue Star being destroyed because Lunar was a dead world. So many questions. Also if Althena killed the Blue Star why does Lucia have her crystal lair thing.

Anyway there are a lot of things that could be cleared up. But I think part of the glamor is looking past that stuff because the characters and story are just so great.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I don't think the developers even knew what most of the things in the game were for, they just used them as symbolic reference. There's a whole story waiting for the Blue Star, but they are too busy on their Sit n' Spin to explain the origins of Lucia or the Blue Spire and Star Dragon Tower. They would have to exist before TSS/SSS/HSS but they simply don't exist until Eternal Blue which is unfortunate. You're just left to imagine that they are in an area unexplored in the original games, but they're really not considering The Frontier should be where the Blue Spire is.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Shigema likes to leave us wondering, and that seems to overlap at times with him leaving gaps in the backstory out of convenience. He's been closed-mouthed about who Mia's dad is since 1992... at least he admits that he didn't give Hiro's parents any thought. ^_^ Lucia, on the other hand, is deliberately left obscure - what she is doesn't matter as much as who she becomes.

On a side note, in the Vane Airship Stories manga, the Blue Spire makes a brief pre-TSS appearance. Wouldn't it make an impossibly awesome bonus dungeon in a Lunar 1 remake?
「まあいいけど。」

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You know, I've actually been wondering this. What if they did finally tie one of the EB locations into SS? The Blue Spire, Star Dragon Tower, especially the Mystic Ruins. In fact, the Mystic Ruins would be great as we don't really know much about them. If they had some significance in the Four Heroes story, it would make a lot of sense as to why Ghaleon's recording was placed there in EB.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I say we just go to Japan and beat into their heads the ideas that they seem to be missing, or keep to themselves. Speculation should not be the driving force for our interest.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Without speculation, what's left?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Tangibility, which is what we all want!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Tangibility only lasts as long as the experience itself. Speculation lasts forever. I would appreciate any new content that would be added, only if it added more room for speculation.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Speculation should be allowed provided that I'm able to offer the final word in everything.

Everything.

That includes my insistence that Mystere and Leo are two different people. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Am I the only one who's kind of nervous about the Four Heroes stuff that's being added to HSS in case it messes stuff up? I'm only happy with tangibility if it is irreconcilable with what previous stuff pointed to, or is otherwise stupid. We were able to come up with a slightly tortured reconciliation of most of Dragon Song and the backstory in the other games, so that wasn't too bad, but the very last bit with Titus didn't fit anywhere so that's tangibility I could have done without. I don't want explanations added that just mess up other things.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I am thinking the same thing Alunissage. I wonder if they're going to be completely nub about it and throw in story that's going to conflict with current cannon. It is a risk they are willing to take evidently. So I don't really expect it to conflict with anything. But yeah, it's definitely in the back of my mind.

It kinda goes back to what GhaleonOne said that Rune Lai said about each remake being a different scope of the story that other parts left out. If you buy that, it's hard to mess with the continuity.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I think if anything it can only help the storyline in a defining way since it's more precursor than anything. If they're taking story from the novels (possibly) it could help to add more history to the Four Heroes and Althena herself. What we actually know about Althena is very limited, because we have to treat her and Luna as two separate identities even though Luna is her reincarnation.

We really don't know anything about Althena during the era of the Four Heroes, so it's something I'm really looking forward to as long as it's given the depth that should be given. What happens in the past can help with the transitional story of the Goddess and the Dragonmaster, but of course the proper steps need to be taken. I think we can rest assured that if anything the story will only be strengthened.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

I'd like the crystal thing back too. I missed that part. :cry:

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I want more of Lucia, of course. Preferably, I'd like her divinity a little more clarified. Also, some guesses on what life on the blue star was like for the couple would be nice.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Angelalex242 wrote:Also, some guesses on what life on the blue star was like for the couple would be nice.
How about this? http://lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4190
「まあいいけど。」

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Aaron wrote:If Eternal Blue were remade for PSP I think it's fair to say the Epilogue will be a bit longer. What do Lucia and Hiro do?!
Do you really need the game to tell you? What do most couples do on snow days?
Shiva Indis wrote:Shigema likes to leave us wondering, and that seems to overlap at times with him leaving gaps in the backstory out of convenience. He's been closed-mouthed about who Mia's dad is since 1992... at least he admits that he didn't give Hiro's parents any thought. ^_^ Lucia, on the other hand, is deliberately left obscure - what she is doesn't matter as much as who she becomes.
In the U.S., we typically like everything to be buttoned up at the end, but not so much in Asia.