Level facing Zophar

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by GhaleonOne »

Just finished off Zophar. At level 50. First try on this replay! The strategy is simple. WHITE DRAGON PROTECT EVERY FREAKIN' ROUND. And take out those arms. It may be easier to just take out the head, but I did it by taking out the arms first. Of course, I saved literally every Silver Light in the game (something like 16-17 by Zophar) and used all but about 3. It's not easier, and I could have died a few times, but White Dragon Protect is absolutely neccessary. I don't believe it would even be possible to defeat Zophar at level 49, as you don't have Triple Sword, and would waste more magic than you can possible refill using Silver Lights and Star Lights. Aside from using almost all the silver lights in one battle, I also used half of my star lights (20 is the max you can hold), so if you ran out of both, White Dragon Protect is no more, and you die.

If you can take out all the arms, you can lay off the White Dragon Protect except on rounds where he's goign to do that instant kill attack (of course, even then, you could just use Ronfar to revive in the next round, but eh, that's a pain).

Anyways, screenshot below:

<a href="http://www.lunar-net.com/g1/EBC3553.jpg">Zophar is my biatch</a>
-G1

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I'm well-known on these forums for being a crazy ho who beats games at too low a level. But I too was level 50 when I beat Zophar in the Remake....

>.> I was level 34 when I beat Zophar in the Original, I think.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

It took you to level 50 to beat Zophar? Come on...he's a freakin' fairy! LOOK AT HIM!
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You sure? You can barely beat Borgan at that level. :P The best I ever finished off Borgan at was something like level 28-29 I think. Above level 30 he begins to get easier though.

And beating Zophar in EBC at level 50 isn't a good thing. I forgot how hard these epilouge dungeons were. I just went and leveled up to level 58 off those Ice Mongrel things in the White Dragon Cave to be able to finish some of these dungeons. The Lion's Head is especially long.
-G1

DragonMaster Sam
Nanza Bandit

Post by DragonMaster Sam »

I'd say that I had Hiro at level 51 or something like that... To me, he was harder than Ghaleon (SSSC).

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

And yet...the battle was Zophar was so much more enjoyable...I don't know why...I can't....quite...put my finger on it...

"Time to die!"

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

I beat Zophar at Level 50, its not that hard, I can usually do it everytime at that level. The trick is that unlike the sega cd EB when Lucia's monolouge is going and you can not hit zophar, in EBC you use this time to attack the 2 extra arms as they are not protected by his barrier. And it is possible to beat zophar with the poe sword, I have gotten him down to just his face using the poe sword at level 50, this is before I knew that the triple sword was a way better attack, I just gathered it would be like the sega cd EB were the poe sword was basically Hiros best attack all through the game.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The trick is that unlike the sega cd EB when Lucia's monolouge is going and you can not hit zophar, in EBC you use this time to attack the 2 extra arms as they are not protected by his barrier.

! You could attack the arms before that? Damn! That seriously would make things easier.
-G1

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

yeah, but only the two arms in front, cus in EBC he has 4 arms insted of 2, in this time you can destroy both of the extra arms, leaving you with just the 2 arms and the head like in the original battle from EB

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

I find the easiest way to beat him is obviously have Hiro use triple sword, but I always equip Lemina with the White Dragon Protect thingy, cuz she has so much friggin MP. It seems useless but it helped me out a lot :D

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

GhaleonOne wrote:

You sure? You can barely beat Borgan at that level. :P The best I ever finished off Borgan at was something like level 28-29 I think. Above level 30 he begins to get easier though.

And beating Zophar in EBC at level 50 isn't a good thing. I forgot how hard these epilouge dungeons were. I just went and leveled up to level 58 off those Ice Mongrel things in the White Dragon Cave to be able to finish some of these dungeons. The Lion's Head is especially long.

Lemina w/ White Dragon Protect and pixel pattern abuse. I WDP'd before every Gravity Bomb. Lunar allows for tactical play as the monsters perform certain actions before casting certain spells.

It's how I beat the game a such a low level. When Zophar was going to cast his doom tornado I WDP'd. and I kept my characters clustered to jack up the Crane attack in the original EB.

In EBC I gave Jean WDP and equpment that upped and halved her MP usage and she just became my WDP tool because she was so NERFED in EBC with the change to Blue Dragon's magic. The fact that she always goes first meant I wasn't praying WDP went off before the spell every round.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Sonic# wrote:As for it being possible without the Triple Sword... all it takes is lasting three times as long. (All it takes...) I think it's possible, but it'd require dipping into item reserves pretty deep, and I would hope that you'd already have a hefty collection of Silver Lights. I would imagine it'd also be difficult because you'd be facing a five-pronged barrage for much more of the battle... the whole progression would be slowed down.

I beat Zophar at level 48... it was on the second try, too. That was a tough battle though.

First, equipment. Lemina had both Blue Dragon Healing and White Dragon Protect, though I only used WDP. Hiro had the Warrior Crest and Althena's Crest. Ronfar had two Chiro Crests, or something like that, whatever gave him speed. The other two had elemental crests that weren't used. As for rings... healing rings on a couple of people, Stardust Ring on Ronfar (it restores about 5 MP each turn), Fiend Ring on Leo (super high defense is worth it in battles like this, though you have to heal Leo first turn; his HP is at 1), Tri-Ring on Hiro (as he took the brunt of any status effect my first attempt), and assorted Defense uppers on others (Endurance Ring, etc.). I never used any Angel Rings, since those were 1 shot only, and it was going to be a long battle. >_<

The battle set-up was like so.

Jean-----------Ronfar--
------------Leo----------
--------------------------
Hiro (not Alex)-Lemina

[EDIT] Alex is named Alex, and Hiro is named Hiro. Aaaaaar. Thanks Aluni. XD[/EDIT]

It would've been better to put Leo in front, because the enemy couldn't take more than 80 HP off of him, but I neglected to do so.

In the first form, that one's not too hard, but I still had to conserve enough magic so I didn't need to use any items. Tranquil Litany every round, Poe Sword, Blue Dragon Fist, and Flash Blade as well, and Lemina used her uppers every round (Attack Boosts (forget name) to Hiro and Jean, Cryo Shields thereafter). And Leo of course did Earth Prayer first round. A key to conserving magic is to not let anyone die, because resurrecting people is a big drain. I wasn't shy with taking Leo or Lemina off the attack to heal.

When I won, the second form came. Even with only the two hands attacking, it was tough to do very much. I tried to concentrate on the lower outer hand (her far right), but they were nearly out of magic anyhow. I didn't have enough for WDP, and only enough to keep healed. I knocked them down a fair amount, and then Lucia healed me.

Now, with all five hands attacking... yes, WDP every round with Lemina! Tranquil Litany every round with Ronfar! Poe Sword for Hiro on whatever I was concentrating on... and then Grizzle Blade for Leo and Blue Dragon ... whichever one's worth 32 MP and hit everyone. I tried to spread the attacks to get some damage on all the parts, since that darned inner left hand would occasionally heal other parts.

Jean took the brunt of damage this time, because I foolishly moved her in front to split her from the rest of the group... and for a while she kept getting walloped. If Ronfar had to revive, I made the lowest MP character (usually Leo) use a life jewel, to keep the healing up. Lemina died on a couple of occasions, when the enemy got lucky shots in. That was suckage for a couple of rounds, as I scrambled to stay alive. If Ronfar died, everyone got off the attack to help him. Jean revived, Hiro used a Healing Nut, and Leo used a life jewel if I thought it'd be needed. As for magic... I used silver lights on Ronfar and Lemina, and star lights on everyone else, as they had less magic to recuperate.

I took the bottom right hand first, and then the inner left (the healer), and the outer left (top hand). Ignoring the fourth hand, I then went for the body. By now, I had reverted back to single target attacks, and just went over and over until finally... it was done. I had a couple of silver lights left (from 16 or 17).

The last form wasn't any trouble at all. The battle must be timed, because I only regular attacked the thing, and Lucia alternately healed me and attacked him with Atomic Burst.

Ahhhh... now to enjoy the epilogue. :D
Last edited by Sonic# on Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I went straight for his head and beat him on my first try. :twisted:

Of course I was at level 51...Good jon about being at level 49 Sonic!

Man I kind of want to go see how I beat him in EBC...I may go plug it in and look, might be editing this post in the near future. Though I do believe I also had Lemina using the White Dragon Protect. In EB I remember she had a Sheild Spell and I just clustered everyone really, really tight together and I wouldn't let anyone move so when Lemina casted her very, very small Sheila, everyone was protected. Did anyone else use this to beat Zophar in EB?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sonic# wrote:The battle set-up was like so.

Jean-----------Ronfar--
------------Leo----------
Alex-------------Lemina

Quite the interesting party you have there. ;)

Re Lemina's Magic Shield in EB, I don't remember if I used it for Zophar. It was the key to surviving Borgan, though.

Dragonship Destiny
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Dragonship Destiny »

I haven't faced Zophar yet. I am losing harsh to the black feind. He's really tough, since he can paralyze your entire party....

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

MiaOne wrote:Man I kind of want to go see how I beat him in EBC...I may go plug it in and look, might be editing this post in the near future. Though I do believe I also had Lemina using the White Dragon Protect. In EB I remember she had a Sheild Spell and I just clustered everyone really, really tight together and I wouldn't let anyone move so when Lemina casted her very, very small Sheila, everyone was protected. Did anyone else use this to beat Zophar in EB?

I didn't use that on Zophar, but I know that I probably never would have defeated Borgan without that technique.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, I totally sucked at the end. I was only level 48ish (again, give or take a couple of levels, but I was certainly below level 50.) I was low on supplies, since Ramus was so kind to do what his great great great great etc grandfather did... only charge a crap load of money for the items. Since money was hard to come by in the game, at least for me, I had low supplies and got killed right after lucia frees herself.

So, I ended up cheating and maxed out my HP and MP to 999. Still, I ran out of magic rather quickly and barely managed to beat Zophar. *shrugs* I still mean to replay the game someday without cheating in the end.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dragonship Destiny
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Dragonship Destiny »

What is the possible level limit of this game? And were exactly do you all train?

I have heard of this 'Triple Sword' and I don't know what level I optain it.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Dragonship Destiny wrote:What is the possible level limit of this game? And were exactly do you all train?

I have heard of this 'Triple Sword' and I don't know what level I optain it.

Level up in caves...Zophar's domain works wonderfully (in the beginning of the dungeon anyhow...as well as Althena's Fortress) Oh and Hiro get's the Triple Sword move at level 50

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Best place to level up is the White Dragon Cave. You can go from level 50 to 60 in like, half an hour on Ice Mongrels. Just go into the cave, skip all enemies until the second floor, and fight all the Ice Mongrels. Just go ape on them. Triple Sword, Red Dragon Anger with Ronfar (no, it's not super powerful against them, but enough to kill them off before they run), Haduken with Jean (or whatever her single attack is, I forget it off the top of my head), Castastrophe with Lemina if she has it, if not then a fire spell, and Leo with flash blade. Just go nuts on them and you'll gain levels very quickly.
-G1