New Game

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Omega
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New Game

Post by Omega »

I was wondering if there was anything worth worrying about since i scored a copy of Eternal Blue Complete on Ebay.
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: New Game

Post by Alunissage »

Um... worth worrying about in what sense?

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

The game is great, it's a good game, no real changes from the original other then shittier VA (Voice Acting) and worse (IMHO) "Improved" animation sequences.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Jenner wrote:The game is great, it's a good game, no real changes from the original other then shittier VA (Voice Acting) and worse (IMHO) "Improved" animation sequences.
I agree with this. The Sega CD animations were much cooler, and there were more of them.
-Nobi

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

I meant is the first dungeon hard? I'm hoping to althena that the battle system is still the same.
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The battle system is the same. Like SSSC, it has visible enemies. In general, the game is much easier than the SegaCD game. After you get Lucia (but before leaving the Spire), you'll want to level up Gwyn enough to get Shattered Sword and Fractured Armor (or whatever they're called), but that's about it. You'll probably need to heal Hiro and Gwyn fairly often at first, but there's a healing statue after the Blue Labyrinth, before the Spire itself.

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

Thanks, Alun. (worried i'd spell it wrong.)

Now i'll be ready.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Omega wrote:I meant is the first dungeon hard? I'm hoping to althena that the battle system is still the same.
I believe you’ll want Gwen & Hiro around level 12 or 13 to be ready for the bigger battle in the sphere

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

It's a BIG help if you level in the blue spire with invincible Lucia till you can level no more. The game caps you at level 14...which just HAPPENS to be the level Hiro gets an extra attack. Convenient, eh?

That extra attack makes life easier, and the battle against the boss 150% faster for 3 attacks (with a dagger) instead of 2.

Having two attacks when you upgrade to swords later doesn't hurt either.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.