Bromide X

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Bromide X

Post by Aaron »

Is this real or is it a rumor?

If it is...plz explain how to get it

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It's real. Some jerk...okay, I suppose I shouldn't say that, but I'm still annoyed about it...found it via GameShark and then people kept looking for it until other people in the know dropped enough hints for it to be found. I really think you should try to find it yourself, though...hahaha. Clues are in the game itself, starting with a book in the Vane library, and in one tiny screenshot in the EBC guide.

Seriously, I think there are several places where boring instructions on getting it are posted. I know it's up on GameFAQs and it might be on the main site here, too. Keep in mind that you probably won't get the in-joke in the bromide unless you've been paying attention to Lunar fandom for some years.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Apparently it's not here. I thought I had a picture of it, but apparently not. I'm going to have to do that eventually, but it's not really pressing business at the moment.
-G1

Post by Guest »

You can get Bromide X in the Epoligue, go up to the cloth behind Borgan and Maria and press O,X,O,X,O and so on until your hear the sound of a chest opening. Now check your inventory hope that helps.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Alunissage wrote:It's real. Some jerk...okay, I suppose I shouldn't say that, but I'm still annoyed about it...found it via GameShark and then people kept looking for it until other people in the know dropped enough hints for it to be found.

It might have been a bit mean, but in all fairness that was after WD said it existed but wouldn't say how to find it. If they hadn't, it probably would have remained a secret for a very long time.

(Actually, there's another element to the story, too, but I don't think there's any sense in starting another Dark Scimitar topic.)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

No, my recollection is that it was your finding it that started the whole hunt and no one had mentioned it previously; the only clue was the X sticker in the back of the guide (which got somewhat obscured by another sticker error so it looked like a mistake). Though there were other elements that you yourself were probably unaware of. I suppose I have no reason to be annoyed now, and it's interesting to know about a secret, but it's not much of a secret when random people who don't know anything of the history or the in-joke show up and ask how to get it. Kind of misses the point.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Wait, I thought Wade Monnig was the first to find it? Or did Vic tell him how to get it?
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh, gee. That was all Lords stuff; I dunno if it should be discussed here. Anyway, Wade didn't figure it out himself, he got an "anonymous" tip which told him some of it and then Vic filled him (and some of the rest of us) in, probably in part to make the point that the "anonymous" tipster didn't know everything -- it was pretty obvious who it was, and why. Whereupon Wade started dropping big giant hints on the board as someone in the know until Rayne found it. Not that I'm trying to put down Rayne, of course; he still did a good job in getting it. I got so annoyed at Wade for all that, a shame as I normally think he's a pretty cool guy. Actually, I think he started putting out the "I know something" hints before he even knew how to get it himself. Grr.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Speaking of this "in-game" joke... I can assume that it is meant because it's of [spoiler]borgan and the dark semintar?[/spoiler]

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

No, it's a lot more than that.
-G1

keele864
Red Dragon Priest

Post by keele864 »

No, it's a lot more than that.

You guys are all making me curious... Even so, I don't really need to know the sordid history of Bromide X.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The history of Bromide X also has to do with the history of the Dark Scimitar, which would be impossible to explain in a short amount of time.
-G1

Coley Lou
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Coley Lou »

So what is Bromide X?

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Coley Lou wrote:So what is Bromide X?

Something rather disappointing and stupid. :P
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

It's a bromide of Borgan holding the Dark Scimitar and the menu caption for it's icon says something like "The fat bastard had it all along!"
-G1

Coley Lou
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Coley Lou »

So what's the dark scimitar, and how do I get it?

Just kidding, just kidding!

I never paid attention to any of those posts ;P

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Wait, I always thought that Bromide X was just a gag item, meant as an in-joke for the people who spent forever looking for the Dark Scimitar on the Sega CD. Are you guys saying there's more to the joke than that?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yup
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

So, uh, what's the rest of the joke?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

If the 'yup' is in response to the first half of your post, then there is no other part of the joke. If it's in response to the second, the answer is: none of your business.