Bromide X

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by GhaleonOne »

It's unfortunately touchy subject matter, which is why most of us have no desire to go into more detail. Personally it hit me in more than one way, and some very unfortunate events occured afterwards, but at this point, I just don't feel like elaborating anymore.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I suppose that's understandable. Is there some online resource that I could learn more about this from?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Take a bloody hint already! :evil: You know, being online doesn't give you the right to keep prodding for stuff that doesn't concern you.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Here's more information. The X bromide was my avatar for a couple years. G1 loved it so much that he and I then had an intimate relationship, but I left him for Gizmo of Gremlins fame. He's still pretty hurt by it so he doesn't want to get into it. He still can't watch a Gremlins movie to this day, usually prefering to watch Critters 2 due to Terrence Mann being in it. The end.
-Rich-

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

GhaleonOne wrote:It's unfortunately touchy subject matter, which is why most of us have no desire to go into more detail. Personally it hit me in more than one way, and some very unfortunate events occured afterwards, but at this point, I just don't feel like elaborating anymore.

I'm sorry Mickey! I told you he meant nothing to me!!
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Coley Lou
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Coley Lou »

Jesus Christ, could you possibly be more rude?

He asked a simple question. It gives you absolutely no right to jump on him like that. Just because you don't feel like elaborating. There are polite ways to say that you do not wish to discuss the matter further.

It's not like he personaly caused you pain.

And btw, getting upset about someting in a video game is pretty sad, and I feel sorry for you.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Coley, reread the entire thread. Note G1's stunning lack of enthusiasm for discussing it. His last post said outright that he didn't feel like elaborating it. Yet the questions continue. It's just annoying and tactless. There is no reason for him to keep pushing when it's patently not welcome and he's already gotten a sufficient answer...and on the public board at that.

Coley Lou
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Coley Lou »

Had he kept trying to get the information out of you two specificly that would've been different. But he simply asked if there was documentation of said event somewhere, so he wouldn't have to bother you guys about it. Which in my opinion is quite tactful. He could've kept pestering you but instead he had the courtousey to, and quite politely, ask if he could find the information somewhere else.

So and So: So what is it like to have endometriosis?
Coley: Ehh, I don't really want to go into it.
So and So: Okay, is there somewhere I could learn about it?
Coley: Yes, search WEBMD.

Or somethign to that effect would've been good enough.

Not

Coley: I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T WANT TO FING TALK ABOUT IT, LEAVE ME ALONE!

..... Personally I'd say my problem is a little more on the serious side then "bromide x" but how hard was that? If there wasn't somewhere else to find info on endo, I would've politely said "I'm sorry I don't know where you could find more info, but I do not care to discuss it with you. Thank you for your understanding."
Last edited by Coley Lou on Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, pre-emptive strike here. I'm gonna request that any conversation along this line quit before it gets too heated. There's no reason for any rude responses anywhere in this thread... by anyone. There's always Google if folks are looking for more information, but this is about the extent you'll get on this board.

I'm going to set to work on creating a Bromide XXX just to give everyone something else to talk about besides this.

Mia, care to model for me? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Kizyr wrote:Mia, care to model for me? KF

I belong behind the camera, not in front of it :P
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Reaper
Lyton Singer

Wow, this is one heated agrument...

Post by Reaper »

This must be what it feels like to be in between Ruby and Nall in an argument. But all you heard about bromide X is bull I hate to say, there's no dark schimiter either (that's just a virus). Just a bromide of borgan with it hidden behind the green drapes in the old Guild of Vane hall, you just have to go up to it and keep pressing x and o. 8) I hope this helps because this subject is always very touchy...
The end will come to death
but death will never end

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It would help even more if you'd CHECK THE DATES ON THE THREAD. This is from mid-July and doesn't need your help.

And virus? WTH?

Reaper
Lyton Singer

Really? It's that old?!?!

Post by Reaper »

Wow, only a couple of months and i'm all out of wack... That's really sad... But I wasn't kidding when I said it was a virus, you usually wouldn't notice the problems but some people did and it hurt ALOT.
The end will come to death
but death will never end

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

What's this about a virus? Can you elaborate?

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Definition of a virus, from the dictionary - "Any sequence of code (esp. one capable of being inserted in other programs) which when executed causes itself to be copied into other locations, and which is therefore capable of propagating itself within the memory of a computer or across a network, usually with deleterious results."

... you might be referring to the Lemina bug. If I'm recalling correctly, a bug is a glitch in a game. Sometimes I think it would damage people's save states. It is, however, not a virus, which I normally think of as a piece of self-propogating malicious code.

As for posting in this old thread, it's not typically a big deal if it's by accident... just keep an eye on the dates when you come back after an absence. And be sure to read the thread completely, if it's current. It often takes me a while, especially these days, to get situated enough to respond, and I visit every day, hehe.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

That's not the best definition of a virus, btw. That's pretty much the exact definition of a worm. A virus is in every case malicious, not just "usually with deleterious results"
-Rich-

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Heh, dictionaries are slow on the uptake. Regardless, it's not a virus. :)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time