The Lunar EBC dungeons.

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The Lunar EBC dungeons.

Post by Blue_Goddess »

a replica of the Lunar SSSC dungeon. But this times, the topic's all about Lunar EBC.

Which dungeon had the easiest and the hardest monsters to beat????

In EBC, i think it was Zophar's domain (hardest monsters to beat).
There are some dungeons too. . .i just forgot them
---

http://arthemis-pink.deviantart.com

The Goddess Althena created the world of Lunar and She will always be remembered in our hearts.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hmmmm, harder than SSSC. All the dungeons where massively hard for me, but I must say that Zophar's Domain was THE hardest, due to not having enough money for supplies (Ramus needs to be slapped... "Oh I'm gonna help my friends just like my great great great to the millionth power grand father did with DragonMaster Alex! but I'm still gonna charge you outrageous prices bwa hahahahaha long live Zophar!!!") Anyway...

The easiest, I can't even say. It was all a big pain for me. Spend hours trying to level, only to just have enough silver to heal at Althena's Statue and buy only one piece of armor. :(

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Zophar's Domain takes the cake in both the original and the remake for me probably. It was actually a big harder in the original, because you had to refight all four Dragon Fiends before you even took Zophie on.

In the original, the Black Dragon Cave was also pretty hard, but mostly because it could be confusing. If you knew the right drop points or had a map handy, it would probably be fairly easy.

As for the remake, some of the epilouge dungeons were tough, but only because of the enemies. None were as long as Zophar's Domain.
-G1

Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane

Post by Blue_Goddess »

GhaleonOne wrote:Zophar's Domain takes the cake in both the original and the remake for me probably. It was actually a big harder in the original, because you had to refight all four Dragon Fiends before you even took Zophie on.

In the original, the Black Dragon Cave was also pretty hard, but mostly because it could be confusing. If you knew the right drop points or had a map handy, it would probably be fairly easy.

As for the remake, some of the epilouge dungeons were tough, but only because of the enemies. None were as long as Zophar's Domain.
yeah. . .i really didn't like the white dragon fiend. :x It took me around 5-8 times to beat it
---

The Goddess Althena created the world of Lunar and She will always be remembered in our hearts.

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

I guess the Blue Spire was the easiest dungeon for me, it's been a long time since I played it. The toughest was definitely the Star Dragon Tower, just as hard as the original.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'm going to be replaying EBC soon, so this might change. But, the Goddess Tower was the easiest, while Zophar's Domain (expectedly) was the most difficult.

Zophar's Domain is perhaps the best-designed dungeon I've ever seen, come to think of it. Confusing, but not overly frustrating, and challenging, but not so much that you had to run back and heal every other battle. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane

Post by Blue_Goddess »

Kizyr wrote:I'm going to be replaying EBC soon, so this might change. But, the Goddess Tower was the easiest, while Zophar's Domain (expectedly) was the most difficult.

Zophar's Domain is perhaps the best-designed dungeon I've ever seen, come to think of it. Confusing, but not overly frustrating, and challenging, but not so much that you had to run back and heal every other battle. KF
yeah. . i remember there was an item there. . a ring i think. when you equip it, it'll make the one wearing it really strong. after the fight ends, that hero's hp will drop to 1!
---

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

GhaleonOne wrote:Zophar's Domain takes the cake in both the original and the remake for me probably. It was actually a big harder in the original, because you had to refight all four Dragon Fiends before you even took Zophie on.

Ugh, yeah, although refighting the Dragon Fiends did kind of really emphasize just how severe the challenge before you was. In my case, I was able to make it through because you could actually buy Silver Lights in the original EB (admittedly, at 25,000S each, but I would be patient enough to build up enough silver to I'd have a couple of dozen Silver Lights going into Zophar's Domain. I'm crazy like that).

Other dungeons that drove me nuts were the Mystic Ruins in the original EB (damn those mirror teleporters!), Myght's Tower in TSS (first RPG ever -- so it really confused me), and finally the Lann Island Cave in TSS, mostly because you had to find this nearly impossible to see on screen (at least on my TV) tiny little passage near the bottom in order to finally get to him.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:the Lann Island Cave in TSS, mostly because you had to find this nearly impossible to see on screen (at least on my TV) tiny little passage near the bottom in order to finally get to him.
i hated that. things of that sort are what make me unsure of which version i like best. getting stuck in TSS is easy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Blue_Goddess wrote:yeah. . i remember there was an item there. . a ring i think. when you equip it, it'll make the one wearing it really strong. after the fight ends, that hero's hp will drop to 1!
The Fiend Ring. You have it backwards -- the person using it would have 1 HP at the beginning of every battle. I usually had it on Jean and had her use a Dover Nut immediately.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Oh yeah, the Lann Island Cave. That hidden passageway was a pain. I remember that taking me a few days to find. EB had a similiar thing though, in that there were hidden rooms in the Sunken Tower in the epilouge. I didn't find those until a few years after the game had been out.
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Zophar's Domain was overall the toughest.

As it should be. He's an evil god, for crying out Loud. He can certainly make his own castlelike body hell on adventures going through it.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Hm...hardest would have to be...the Blue Spire.

Seriously. On the way in I was actually dodging around monsters with Hiro and Gwyn running out of MP. Once I got to the Spire itself, with Althena's Statue, that of course changed. Zophar's Domain would be second.

Easiest would have to be the Black Dragon Cave. Most of the fights could be settled by hitting the "attack" button and going to the kitchen to freshen my soda.

(In the original EB, the Dragon Ruins in the Epilogue was my hardest, and Lionhead the easiest.)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Zophar's Domain is second?

SECOND?!

I was far too easy on you humans the first time around. Now that I have returned, you shall be lucky to find things so "easy" as Zophar's Domain. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote: I was far too easy on you humans the first time around. Now that I have returned, you shall be lucky to find things so "easy" as Zophar's Domain. KF
Hey man, I hate to tell you, but uh, Zophars Domain is still easy. Laid it last night. It just spread open and begged me. Easiest thing ever. :D

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

You be nice, or I'll sic my girlfriend on you.

And this time, she won't flinch.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Angelalex242 wrote:You be nice, or I'll sic my girlfriend on you.

That's because she want's to find a way to dump you and you being killed would certainly do the trick.

OOOOOOoooooohhhhh burn from the "fake dragonmaster"

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Angelalex242 wrote:You be nice, or I'll sic my girlfriend on you.

Go ahead then. Use the power of Althena and decimate these forums in the process... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

What power? I'd like to see him try. :P

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Althena's power, of course!

And if for some reason that doesn't work, god help the being who captures or harms my goddess. It's a good way to have an unfortunate encounter with Angelalex242's Power of Humanity...