Lol, Typo

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Werefrog wrote:Since this has been brought back up, I'll pose a question. Has everyone noticed how excited people get to find a typo in a published game? It's almost our equivalent to those people who point out every continuity error in a movie.
the second one is more acceptable. continuity needs to be there in a movie. always. now with as much text as an rpg has, you'd have to expect some typos here and there. i don't care if it isn't as bad as Dragon Song.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

lnrSaxon wrote: I laughed so hard when the old lady exclaimed, "Magic Emperor Ghaleon!" hahaha. That one was amazing.
Huh, for the longest time I swore I was the only one that noticed that. ~_~

AND NO! LYRA RECIEVES THE ALIETHOMETOR, NOT THE GOLDEN FREAKING COMPASS! MRS. COULTER'S HAIR IS BLACK NOT BLOND! NO ONE SEES LYRA RUN AWAY FROM THE FLAT! =P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Werefrog wrote:Since this has been brought back up, I'll pose a question. Has everyone noticed how excited people get to find a typo in a published game? It's almost our equivalent to those people who point out every continuity error in a movie.
I think it also has something to do with the fact that folks can often forget about the human element that goes into making a game, or translating dialogue. People make mistakes, and don't always have time to go through every inch of the game to make it 100% error-free.

I mean, after going through every inch of the games myself, I can see how some mistakes slip through the cracks. If I were to be in charge of the localization process, I'd like to think the end result would be perfect, but I wouldn't be surprised to still see a few typos or mistakes here and there. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote: the second one is more acceptable. continuity needs to be there in a movie. always.
I disagree. Continuity is just a convention that has developed in our cinema. In other cinemas, there have developed other convention. Russian cinema had large success with montage editing in the early years of the revolution. Even in our cinema, montage editing is becoming more popular.

I excuse most continuity errors. There are sometimes though when they become too jarring.

I'm tired of people complaining about the typos in Phoenix Wright. It's such a damned good localization, yet people denigrate it for the few typos it has. It's obvious that it just needed to go through another proofreader, but the budget was probably already maxed.