playing again

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

playing again

Post by Aquaignis »

I got my EBC game to work! I never could beat Zophar, so I am going through it again. In SSSC, when I got stuck on the first floor of Myght's Tower, I played through the game 3 more times in case I forgot something. Anyways, it only works by playing it in the PS1. I have to play it on disc 3, put in the appropriate disc for movies and after the "Please insert disc whatever" dissappears, open the PS1 and close it again for it to load.

I discovered something interesting. My disc 1 works poorly, so on the main menu I chose "New Game" with disc 3 in the PS1. I put disc 1 in on request and it wouldn't load further then the "please insert" screen is gone. I put in disc 3 for some reason and something strange happened. It showed every video on disc three! Since I only made it to Zophar, I quickly turned it off after that video. I then cleaned disc 1 more and it works properly now.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

There can be a bit of strategy envolved in the bigger battles on the Lunar games, but if all else fails, leveling up will usually help. I hear that on SSSC the boss's stats are somewhat dependent on Alex's.
But if you're out of items or something, you may get yourself into a truely impossible situation...

When you have a faulty game or system, it sometimes triggers glitches and you can see some pretty interesting stuff.
Once while playing Gradius on the NES, it went into some sort of bonus-level-like thing after stage one, and sent me to stage 3. Also, on TETRIS, the name "Ninten" came up on the highest score box. 0_o So you never know. Sometimes I think of getting crappily working games/systems and messing with it just to see if something happens.
Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I had 3 of the red healing things, 1 silver light, and 2 angel's tears. Jean had like 24 mana. Believe me, there was NO chance I could beat Zophar.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

ya thats pretty bad u would need at least 5 or 6 silverlights, especially if you use White dragon protect alot.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I just beat Zophar! Praise Althena! I was at level 53. I had trouble at first. After the second defeat, I gave realized that Zophar would only try to charm Hiro so I gave him the Tri-Ring that I gave Ronfar since I found it. Anyway, I am so proud to have beaten SSSC and EBC. That is really important to me. :D :D :D

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

NextGenerationLunarFan wrote:I just beat Zophar! Praise Althena! I was at level 53. I had trouble at first. After the second defeat, I gave realized that Zophar would only try to charm Hiro so I gave him the Tri-Ring that I gave Ronfar since I found it. Anyway, I am so proud to have beaten SSSC and EBC. That is really important to me. :D :D :D
I can definitely say that i think this is a victory that you can celebrate. Zophar is quite a badass.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

if you want to fix your Discks you should use this stuff i think its called media repair CD and DVD i used it oon my copy of EBC they sell it at FYE for about 99 cents it worked great and it came with enough fluid that i could do all of my ps1 and som ps2 games and then i had at least 4 of the microfiber cloths left over.

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

Congratulations on defeating Zophar! Next to Sephiroth he was the hardest boss I'd ever fought.

I was initially 44 but found it impossible. I leveled to 48 and had one starlight and one of those group heal jewels. I used all my silver and starlights plus everything else I had while leveling 4 levels. It took hours but it goes to show anything can be done if you're stubborn enough xD

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I had really commited throughout the entire game to not use any precious items. I did not use a single silver light until Zophar's Keep. I got there with 11 silver lights, 20 star lights, about 8 healing nuts, and about 9 health jewels. After the fight, I had 11 star lights and 4 silver lights. I have yet to use a health jewel or passion fruit.

Where do I go first in the prologue? I have all the characters, I just can't find where to go first. I have Althena's Sword. I went to that Lion's head place...and died. I could never figure out how to defeat those black electro-spheres. Everything did one damage except anger dice (about 75) and triple sword. (1,15,17, although the damage was different every time)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Epilogue, not prologue. ;)

If you can survive it, try the Brave Labyrinth. The treasure at the end of it will make every other battle much easier.

I don't remember how to fight the electric eyes or whatever they are, but try different types of spells; some enemies are vulnerable to particular elements and the like. You can see in advance whether the attack/spell you're planning to use will do decent damage by looking at what color the enemies turn when you select them as targets -- if they're red and have an X above them, they have high resistance to that kind of attack, if they're yellow, they have normal resistance, and if they're green and have a circle above them then they're weak to that. If Anger Dice is doing damage, try other fire spells. You can buy the five elemental crests in one of the towns (Zaback, or possibly Neo-Vane, I think) and you may want to get Fire ones at least for those who don't have fire spells, because there's also an enemy in the Brave Labyrinth that's vulnerable to fire.

The five elements also have strengths and weaknesses against other elements; I think there's a diagram in the manual showing this. Each is strong against two and weak against two. Look up what Thunder is weak against (fire and earth, maybe?) and use those spells on the electro-eyes.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Two factors that really make EBC so much harder is everything is twice as expensive as SSSC, and you got half the money. >>

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dark
Lostest Boy

Post by Dark »

if i remember correctly To beat electro-spheres you must use the best skills which you have. if you beat them you will gain something about 22000 experience (for one of course).
"Soul Eater show your power, TAKE their souls. NOW!!"

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

NextGenerationLunarFan wrote:Where do I go first in the prologue? I have all the characters, I just can't find where to go first. I have Althena's Sword. I went to that Lion's head place...and died. I could never figure out how to defeat those black electro-spheres. Everything did one damage except anger dice (about 75) and triple sword. (1,15,17, although the damage was different every time)
They're vulnerable to instant-death, so use Hiro's Concussion Sword and they'll be knocked right out. It costs 20 MP a pop, so you may want to give him the Goddess Crest + Magic Eye Crest combination, which cuts the MP cost of spells in half. If you don't have the Magic Eye Crest, you can buy it in Neo-Vane.

And when you say you have all the characters, does that include Leo? I only ask because it took me (and plenty of other people on the forums here) forever to figure out where he was hiding.
Alunissage wrote:You can buy the five elemental crests in one of the towns (Zaback, or possibly Neo-Vane, I think)
You can can buy them in Vane any time on disc three. Ramus is selling them when you're there before heading to Zophar's Keep, and you can buy them in a shop in the Epilogue.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Yes, I have Leo also. I went there to see how the fairies were doing since Ghaleon died.

Thanks for the advice Alunissage, Dark, and ilovemyguitar. Luckily, I am already at the Brave Labyrinth. If I am just going there for the treasure, where do I go next? Or will my next destination reveal itself?

Phyco, the first time I went through the game and got to Zophar's Keep, I was about broke. This time I had just over 100,000 silver!

Dark
Lostest Boy

Post by Dark »

NextGenerationLunarFan wrote:Thanks for the advice Alunissage, Dark, and ilovemyguitar. Luckily, I am already at the Brave Labyrinth. If I am just going there for the treasure, where do I go next? Or will my next destination reveal itself?
You shoud go to the blue labirinth(or something like it) its south from vane, i think.
"Soul Eater show your power, TAKE their souls. NOW!!"

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, there really is no set order, so it's whatever you feel like doing. You only NEED to do the Water Ruins that Dark just mentioned and the Dragon Ruins where you start the game. You could do the spring one (near where you met Jean) but the treasure there is strictly optional rather than something useful.

Before doing the Water Ruins you'll need the Rememberizer, which you can get in Nota...

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

if you dont want to level up a ton theres a secret passage in the water ruins to get around the boss i dont remember it being that hard to find especialy if your looking for it, good luck!