Favorite character

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Althena's_Courtier
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Althena's_Courtier »

Whooops. I forgot to do that. (Honest mistake!)

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

I'd have to go with nall (if you couldn't already guess). I thought it was pretty interesting to see how he'd matured and what he'd done with his time; I can't imagine living thousands of years (when everyone else you know does not).

Second favorite is probably Ghaleon, mainly because it was so cool to see him again, and also seeing him "forgiven" at the end. (Those are probably my favorite FMVs).

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Heh

Post by Angelalex242 »

Lucia, for me.

I've always felt very fond of her.

I mean, really, who wouldn't want their own personal goddess to snuggle?

(Then again, any smart married man would say they already have a personal goddess to snuggle...ah well...)

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

It couldn't be Nall, could it? 8)

Nall of course is my favorite character from Lunar 2, although occasionally Lemina or Ruby (or both..) will tie with him, but he is always on top. Well...him and Ruby. See? So indecisive! :evil:
- Mike

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

Wow I expected I lot more people to say Lucia. Well I'm going to say my favorite character is Lucia.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

More power to ya!
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Ronfar.

This is because I had a big change of heart in regards to him. When I played the SegaCD version I was thoroughly ambivalent towards him, but in the remake he was wise and served as a mentor to Hiro at times. This, apparently, was enough to make the strengths of the character evident to me. His interactions with Leo and Mauri suddenly seemed a lot more meaningful (it doesn't hurt that the scenario design regarding Mauri was significantly improved, though).

I insist that he is 19+5. :D

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

gotta be hiro fer me, i really liked playing as him in EBC.

ljonesj
Meribian Merchant

Post by ljonesj »

i really can't chose i like them all but it would probably be lemina and her change of attitude about making money and started trying to help people then

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

NALL!!! <333 :P I've always loved Nall since the first time I played SSSC when I was 9! :D I think Ghaleon almost ties with him though.

Other than that, I really enjoyed Lemina and Ruby. They're both cute and sassy. :wink:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Shiva Indis wrote: His interactions with Leo and Mauri suddenly seemed a lot more meaningful (it doesn't hurt that the scenario design regarding Mauri was significantly improved, though).

Well, I'm afraid I can't compare my opinion with the original game, but I can agree with you on what I liked about him in EBC. I already found him quite interesting, but his relationship
with Mauri and Leo was really well done in my eyes. That rather 'sealed the deal', so to say. I ended up being very fond of all of them, with Ronfar my favorite.

For quite awhile (Alright, most of my first time through the game.) Jean was my favorite, but I ended up being very disappointed with the conclusion of her backstory.

(A bit of a spoiler, I should guess. Just highlight it to read, please. This board seems to have some sort of spoiler tag, but I haven't quite got it yet, my apologies.)
It seemed to me that Lunn's change was quite quick...I just found it very unconvincing, and Jean's belief in him even more so. Of course, that's only the impression that I got from it

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The tag is [spoiler], but in general we don't bother with marking them for Lunar 1 and 2. And I quite agree regarding Lunn, the more so because I always thought there was an undercurrent of abuse which would not be easily thrown off or forgiven. I know one of the WD writers felt the same way, but there wasn't all that much he could do about it. Although I don't think that training with him is necessarily acceptance of him, just the best recourse she had.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Jean wavers...

Sometimes, she says, "I'll never forgive Lunn..."

Then, in the Epilogue, "We must forgive people like Lunn, or we destroy our own inner purity."

Or something like that.

Then again, by the epilogue, Lunn's working on something called 'Holy Fist' which he thinks is the ultimate martial art. So, by that point, who knows?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Hmm, it's a really hard choice, since I liked all the characters in EB so much...

Hiro was the most fun to play as, but that's because Poe Sword (and I'm taking the original EB Poe Sword, not the nerfed EBC version) is my all time favorite spell. :) *sigh* Why couldn't they at least have kept the cool animation for Poe Sword in EBC instead of that pixelly zoom effect? I liked seeing the cape flap in the air as he delivered sharp pointy death to Zophar's minions. :)

As far as the most interesting and entertaining, gotta be Leo/Mystere. No question. Mystere absolutely rocked, and I completely cracked up when I first saw him appear in EB.

Ghaleon of course was the man, as always. Seeing him enter the Mystic Ruins always gives my spine a chill.

So hard... but based on how much his appearance amused me, I guess I'll have to say Mystere.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Fake Althena Jediah
Meryod Yokel

Post by Fake Althena Jediah »

Ultimately Ghaelon because of his unique sutle repior. Then after that I pretty much like Lucia, Lemina Ausa, and Fake Althena. But Ghaleon is my favorite villan of all time.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Fake Althena Jediah wrote:Ultimately Ghaelon because of his unique sutle repior.

I'm sorry, his what? Subtle...rapport? No, that doesn't seem to fit.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Repertoire... rapier... ?

From one site... "(plus, you build quite a good repior with the dealership by doing so)"

"I Hope to develop such A good repior with local Land owners and wish many had
your attitude."

It must be rapport. And Jediah, you must mean it as a form of conversation between the party and he, in how he subtly guides the party without being with them. Which... yeah, is awesome

Either that, or you really like his sword. O_o
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time