Naked Challenge anyone?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Naked Challenge anyone?

Post by PurifyWeirdSoul »

It's been awhile since I last played EBC, but has anyone tried to complete the game using a 'challenge'? For example: lowest level possible, no items/equipment, single-player, or a combination thereof. Memory doesn't serve me well, so I'm sure some of those are impossible to complete. I've hit up gamefaqs, but didn't see a faq for challenges, so I may have to create one in the near future.

Of course, that is AFTER I finish a challenge game of Castlevania:SOTN (luck mode, naked, no items, no relics challenge which includes the reverse castle). Which may be never, considering how insanely difficult and ridiculous it is.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

The content of this post was so disappointing after the initial excitement at the title of this thread. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

lol, I was wondering what on earth it could be myself. I figured it had something to do with Lucia. I was duped! haha

I'm not sure if there have been challenges here other than trying to level to 99 and/or seeing how fast one could finish the game.

It would be interesting if someone could beat the game naked.... meaning the characters without armor.... of course. Screenshots would need to be posted for proof purposes ~hee xp

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I can see why Kizyr was interested...
LunarNET is pants-optional. KF

I can't say anything about it though because I was probably thinking the same thing. :lol:

:cry:
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, you can do the Epilogue with just Hiro, of course.

As far as the challenge is concerned, it would require a lot of planning to keep things at just the minimum to survive -- since there's nothing you can do to avoid attacks once the round begins, you have to be able to have at least one person survive each battle, which means having enough HP to take a hit and enough strength to wear down enemies before they run you out of healing items. And enough money to buy the healing items. At the beginning of the game this isn't too bad because Lucia will run from most battles so that's a guaranteed survival, but once she starts fighting and assisting more planning is needed.

Keeping original equipment but levelling up as needed might be the best balance. Overall, though, a low% game would be better done in TSS since in that game you can run from every non-boss battle, and there's only one place where levelling up is needed (and I'm not sure about that).

PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy

Post by PurifyWeirdSoul »

Ahaha, hentai minds. Sorry to disappoint you guys. I am quite the artist, so a scantily clad Lucia does sound intriguing. But, I digress. Anyways, for such a popular game, I'm surprised it hasn't been done before. Well there's a first for almost anything.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Actually I was thinking more in line of how long someone can go with playing the game while sitting naked with nothing to cover you up but the controller.

Though I do remember a long time ago, there was indeed a post (probably since been deleted or the like) where someone posted various challenges. One was monk, just fighting with your fists, another naked, etc etc etc. They posted several kinds, very inuitive. Never tried it myself, heck, I have yet to beat the game through non cheating.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Did someone say scantily clad Lucia?

SO there...(See my sig...)

Oh, right. Topic. Challenge, right...

One thing to note about the challenge:Lucia's got incredible defense throughout the main game. She'll be your main tanker for taking hits, because her defense and especally magic defense is so high. At level 99...well, I still have the stats for that.

But it becomes a one woman show. Not that I mind. :oops:
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

phyco126 wrote:Actually I was thinking more in line of how long someone can go with playing the game while sitting naked with nothing to cover you up but the controller.

Incidentally, that's how I beat the game. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

More info than I wanted to picture there, Kiz.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote:
phyco126 wrote:Actually I was thinking more in line of how long someone can go with playing the game while sitting naked with nothing to cover you up but the controller.

Incidentally, that's how I beat the game. KF

I guess that'll be the last time I call Eric a liar for saying he was there when Kiz beat the game...

Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mei Ling »

Aww. I was expecting to see Hiro Naked inside. xDDD

Anyways, done the Epilogue with Hiro alone. ALONE. o_o Does that count? XD
Lucia siggy~

Bunny Dragoon
Burg Farmer

Post by Bunny Dragoon »

lol I was so confused by the beginning of this post. I though you where going to ask us to try and play Lunar 2 naked XD *sick mind*
My Casilvania SOTN is trying just to beat it. >.>
"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY! MY ANUS IS BLEEDING"- Rejeted

Lord_Ghaleon
Student of Vane

Post by Lord_Ghaleon »

I don't know if a low level challenge could be obtained seeing as how much people struggle wtih the final boss (main game) without a level cap... When I get the time i would probably try initial equipment or just a slightly challenging no accessory game.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Heh, I nearly died against Zophar and I even CHEATED! I never beat the game without cheating, but at least I did manage to not cheat until I died 20 times against Zophar. I didn't have unlimited health, but I did have 999 health and 999 magic... And he still laid a good old fashion Ghaleon blasts everyone in the grindary butt whooping.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I don't think the Lunar series really lends itself to challenge-type games. The PSX Lunar games are extremely well-balanced, and you'd have to really stretch it to do play in an extremely out-of-the-norm way. The most realistic challenge I can imagine would be playing without using Althena statues, or without using any crests or healing items.

But then, I've never been a challenge-style game player, so what do I know about these things.