Plantella!

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
ChaosWolf
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Plantella!

Post by ChaosWolf »

What is the easiest way to beat her? I tried like 10 million times and she always kills me. Hiro, Lucia, Ronfar, and Jean are level 18-20 and I still can't beat her! I tried GameFAQS but it doesn't help much. :cry:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Ugh, it's been so long...I don't remember much in the way of specifics, but one thing I'm pretty sure I did is put Lucia in the front of the party. At that point in the game she pretty much only attacks if she's attacked, so if you put here where she'll get hit she'll let loose with the spells instead of cowering in a corner. I know she's beatable at level 16 because the demo capped levelling at that point (after which you got a message after each battle: "All that work and you didn't get squat!") and the demo ended after Plantella's defeat.

Advice from the guide: put Hiro all the way in front (left) and the other three in back; have him use Poe Sword until he runs out of MP and normal attack thereafter; have Ronfar use Calm Litany if everyone's hurt, Saint Litany if someone's poisoned, and Anger Dice if no one needs healing; Jean should use Moth Dance or an Herb if one character is injured. Optionally use Saint Litany on Hiro at the outset.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Lucia should be front and centre in general till she starts attacking without being hit. Even after that, her defense is actually as good or possibly better then Hiro's, at times. And the more overleveled you are, the comparitively stronger Lucia is. If you level too much, Lucia eventually outstrips the rest of the party in power because she doesn't rely on equipment.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Reaper
Lyton Singer

Post by Reaper »

Have all your people spread out so they don't get hit as often. Then unless you are totally in trouble have Ronfar use that fire dice attack, that will always take nice chunks of damage. Have characters like Jean who can't do much heal instead. So stock up on supplies for healing and to stop poison. If you need any more tips ask, but I am almost sure this is the best way to go about it.
The end will come to death
but death will never end

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Reaper wrote:Then unless you are totally in trouble have Ronfar use that fire dice attack, that will always take nice chunks of damage. Have characters like Jean who can't do much heal instead.

I seem to remember both Ronfar and Jean doing approximately the same amount of damage here, but I could be wrong.
Either than that, yeah, Jean is useful in this battle as a healer.
What I would suggest for healing is using Ronfar for most healing, but Jean if Plantella could kill someone with her next attack. Since Jean heals before Ronfar, this can be a saving grace in many boss fights, and I seem to remember this as one of the.

Aside from that, Lucia goes well in front, as that's the only way she'll attack. Space everyone out behind, and possibly
put Jean closer to Plantella, so she'll be attacked if Lucia dies. (Or whoever you'd want next in the line of fire.)

I hope that helps somewhat.

CoePSX
Iluk Crackpot

Post by CoePSX »

Something i did when i played EBC for the last time...
"Beat all the cave monsters!" :wink: It works!!!
I had no problem defeating any boss in the game. It looks like it was made for you to beat all of them and have the exact level so that the boss fights become easy.

If you can't come out of the cave though... use Gameshark!! :D