Fave Vile Tribe Sister

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Fave Vile Tribe Sister

Post by Blue_Goddess »

The Vile Tribe Sisters of SSSC...

whom do you like best?

Who has the most rotten/evil attitude?

...and who's the most gorgeous among the three?

Xenobia, Royce or Phacia?
---

http://arthemis-pink.deviantart.com

The Goddess Althena created the world of Lunar and She will always be remembered in our hearts.

Althena's_Courtier
Student of Vane

Post by Althena's_Courtier »

Well..
I like Phacia the best.
Royce has just the bad girl look about her.
And I think Xenobia couldn't have been more perfect.

[spoiler]Edit: Most don't know this, but I actually worship Althena as my goddess.[/spoiler]

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Phacia, on the first and third accounts. Yes, Royce is probably the 'sexiest', but Phacia is so much of a better person. She cares about leading the Vile Tribe, and isn't all up on vengeance against Althena. And, she looks good in black.

Royce is the most evil, by the way. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Phacia, she was the nicer of the three and she actually wanted to lead the Vile Tribe to a place where they could live happily. Not to mention the fact that she is pretty hot herself.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

All three are hot... I will say that. Phacia actually had a heart and wasn't completely evil, like the others (well, okay, was significantly less evil than the others -- the others did have their not-totally-evil motivations).

I felt that Xenobia was the sexiest, going back to her TSS stuff...

And Royce also was sexy, and actually resembles my fiancee somewhat...
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, let's see.

Phacia was redeemed.

Xenobia made Mel a rock.

Royce made Nash a traitor.

...I'm gonna have to go with Royce, here. Anybody can cast a petrify spell, but making a traitor out of a party member is a rare stunt worthy of admiration.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I like Phacia the most, first, for reasons described before.

I also think she's the most gorgeous out of the three, though I'm also partial to Xenobia's more bold beauty and I can't deny Royce has a certain sensuality about her. Just... Phacia seems more well-made up, as far as her features... to my eye. Tough to say exactly why.

As for being the most evil... Royce. Xenobia seemed to have some evil aspects in her, but she was also driven by a love for Ghaleon. Royce had no other motivation.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:And Royce also was sexy, and actually resembles my fiancee somewhat...

You mean she dresses you up in a mecha-chicken suit and likes to play with snakes?

You got interesting tastes in women, DM Lou. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Phacia is definitely my favorite. Her bromide is probably my favorite piece of SSS art. She's the only one of the three to develop much, too.

Angelalex242 wrote:...I'm gonna have to go with Royce, here. Anybody can cast a petrify spell, but making a traitor out of a party member is a rare stunt worthy of admiration.

Doesn't signify. Nash worked with Xenobia (obviously) in TSS, and when she was split into three characters for SSS there was only so much to go around. Besides which, Xenobia was the leader and would have designated Royce to work with Nash while she herself was impersonating Lemia; indeed, she could have played a role as Lemia in introducing them before Alex makes Nash's acquaintance.

JWL at the Shrine brought up the interesting point that in TSS there was no Stone-type spell, and Mel's petrification (and Laike's, later) was therefore of stronger significance...no wonder no one could break it until after Xenobia's defeat, as no one else could cast it, either. SSS weakened that by making Stone an ordinary spell and condition, thus making Mel's status less notable. Your point, therefore, is merely that SSS screwed things up yet another way. (And keep in mind that Xenobia's spell was still strong enough that it couldn't be broken, despite Jess's strongest efforts, and that he was still one of the Four Heroes, while Nash is just a somewhat weak-minded student in SSSC.)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Phacia, but if I wanted to, I suppose I can play it safe and pick Xenobia (that way I would have picked all three, yay!)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Well, of the three I like Xenobia the most and in my opinion she is the gorgeous. For some reason I never liked Phacia very much I don't now why :\ although I'll agree she is pretty. And Royce was just kind of annoying to me and I always got that want to smack her whenever she showed up.

However, I think Royce was the most evil. Always sneaking around and doing evil sneaky things. And she had that evil shady look about her during her first (intro) animation.

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

My favorite of the three shall always be Xenobia. She was the first female RPG villain I'd seen that made evil look attractive; from her anime shot with those icy blue eyes and her sinister seductiveness, to the final battle when she reveals her true self. She was definitely at her best [or worst, depending on your point of view] in TSS, where she shows beauty truly is only skin deep.

The most evil of the three is definitely Royce, for she commits evil seemingly because she feels like it. It's on the par of Zophar from EB or the Sinistrals from the Lufia series, who can destroy purely on a whim.

For reasons stated in the first paragraph, I pick Xenobia as the most gorgeous. Her obscene dress, exotic tattoos, and her very full figure always stick out from the rest, no pun intended. :oops: And when you see her true form, you realize why she worked so hard to be beautiful. She'll always be one of my favorite RPG villainesses, bar none.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Interestingly, Akari Funato, who designed Royce and Phacia, said Xenobia was her favorite design. And Xenobia herself was only put into the story because Kubooka wanted to draw a witch, so one was written into the plot.

Anordin
Pao Hunter

Post by Anordin »

Hmmm...Interesting question.

I don't know whom I liked best. Phacia did seem the most noble-hearted. Royce was just striking in looks IMO. And Xenobia...not sure what to think about her. They also didn't strike me as evil, but rather people who just served on the evil side; Evil sidekicks who got in your way because Ghaleon was doing something else at the time and you need a bunch of helpers to help further your ends.

Well I guess that Xenobia did pose as Mia's mother should merit something in my mind, though I guess it wasn't so hard if Ghaleon was also hiding his evil side while at Vane. So its a tie between her and Royce for most evil.

So I'll rank them as Phacia as the one I liked best. A tie between Xenobia and Royce for most evil. And Royce as most prettiest.
Heaven does not speak. It simply showed its will by his personal conduct and his conduct of affairs.
-Mencius, Bk V, Chap V, Legge Translation

Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane

Post by Blue_Goddess »

I like Phacia first... her image was very innocent-like, she had a good heart (she managed to be the Head priestess of Althena's shrine), she's not like her sisters, she helped Alex in the Frontier... etc.

But i don't like her bromide, she really wasn't that pretty in Birds and Legs. Though i like her position... xenobia and royce also had nice looking bromides( i wouldn't be sure of that), but the bromide that i like is between xenobia and royce's.

The most rotten attitude for me is... tie, xenobia and royce.
---

http://arthemis-pink.deviantart.com

The Goddess Althena created the world of Lunar and She will always be remembered in our hearts.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Actually, she didn't become the Head Priestess of Althena's Shrine through her good heart, she did it through a spell ;)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes, but her personality worked with it, while Xenobia didn't do a very good job at all of acting as Lemia. Actually, is it ever said why she was replacing Lemia? Is it just to cover up after Ghaleon gets Lemia out of the way, so people won't look for her? I don't remember Xenobia as Lemia doing anything but throwing people into the dungeon.

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

Well my favorite is Phacia, because of everything listed above. She wasn't evil, actually cared about leading the Vile Tribe effectively (not just getting back at Althena) and she was extremely brave. I doubt Royce or Xenobia would have been brave enough to betray Ghaleon if they had a sudden change of heart.

Royce was the most evil...she was completely sociopathic and didn't care about anyone or anything.

I don't think Xenobia was really pure evil. She definitely had a mean streak, but if she wasn't driven by her love for Ghaleon, I think she may have realized what she was doing.

I think they made a great evil trio though. 8)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

True, Phacia did do a pleasant job at acting out her part. Xenobia, from my understanding, was put into place to, indeed, get Lemia out of the way. Also, I always felt that with her as the head of the Magic Guild, she could throw her weight aroung to help Ghaleon and use the Magic Militia to stop anyone brave enough to get in the way.

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

Phacia, sorry answering the question as to who my fave was.

It's because without her it would have been much more difficult, if not impossible, for Alex and company to get inside of the Grindery and stop it.