A question about one of Lemia's lines. (Spoilers)

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

A question about one of Lemia's lines. (Spoilers)

Post by NallOne »

Now I realize that Laike's comments after this contradict this, but I just thought it was interesting and worth bringing up...again. I probably just missed or forgot something like last time, but anyway..

If you talk to Lemia after you are sent back to Meribia from the top of the Grindery, she says something along these lines:

"15 years ago the Goddess Althena came back to us in Human Form."

I didn't think Lemia nor Mel new about that, aside from Lunar Legend. But that's not the line I made this topic for:

"No matter how many times I asked him, Dyne would never tell me what happened on his last adventure."

About as close to verbatim as I can get as I wrote it down as soon as I skipped that text. (It didn't sink in until then, or I would have wrote it down exactly when I saw it.)

Doesn't that imply that Dyne was around after he gave up his powers to help Althena? (And possibly met the same fate we're told about in TSS?) Of course Laike throws this out the window when he says Laike was born and Dyne died the day Luna came into the world, but I still thought it was interesting.

In the context at the time, the sacrificing of his powers to help Althena is the only 'last adventure' I can see her referring to.
- Mike

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It is interesting...and sounds familiar, though I haven't played that game in six years. Maybe I'm imagining it. My guess would be that after who knows how long of calling him Dyne she didn't make the instant jump to Laike. I've always wondered if Lemia and Mel knew what happened, and liked the idea that they did, as did Alex's father...though that's rather obvious, duh. What I meant to say was I'd like to think that Laike stayed in touch with them. In SSSC we find him near Burg (and somehow I got the feeling the old guy near the path to the lookout knew him, but I may be making that up) and in TSS he's in the Weird Woods. Alex and co didn't know him, though.

What do you mean by "the same fate we're told about in TSS?" He can only lose all his magic once.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Alunissage wrote:What do you mean by "the same fate we're told about in TSS?" He can only lose all his magic once.

Again, I don't think before I type. I'm not sure how I had it working out in my mind, but I meant that he 'died' fighting the insane Black Dragon. I've tried to figure out why I was thinking that, but I can't. >_<
- Mike

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Hmm. On the other hand, Althena reincarnates herself regularly. Knowing that she did it again doesn't necessarily imply knowing that Dyne hasn't gone to that big Dragonmaster's fortress in the sky. Or that Laike is who he is.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

That wasn't the point NallOne was raising. It's that Lemia mentions asking Dyne several times about his last adventure, when his last adventure was the end of Dyne.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, perhaps he didn't come up with Laike immediately.

On the other hand, I recall Myght asking Laike when he planned on shaving.

If Myght knew who Laike was...
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, there must have been this huge barrrage of questions from Lemia in the time between Luna's birth and the end of that day. Or didn't you read NallOne's pointing out that Laike says that Dyne died that day and Laike came into being?

And I thought it was pretty obvious that Myght knew who Laike was. He asks him if he wants "another" airship, in TSS at least. It's used to get to the Goddess Tower, as Nall very sensibly stayed the same kitty size in that game.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

...That's what I just SAID.

If Myght knew, why would Dyne confide only in him, and not those who fought with him?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Again, this is a topic where we can only speculate and assume. I think Dyne distanced himself completely, from the four heroes, as to not bring inquiry into the Goddess' rebirth as Luna. This was handled much better in TSS, than SSSC I believe. In TSS you had the sense that Dyne really was gone, whereas in SSSC even Ghaleon wasn't as consumed by the loss of Dyne, as he was in TSS.