Dyne and Althena (Spoilers)

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Ardekh »

Angelalex wrote:Really, who would Lemia pick for a boyfriend if not one of her fellow Heros? Mel's off limits, he's got a girl. That leaves the wizard and the Dragonmaster. If you pair the Dragonmaster off with Althena, that leaves Ghaleon. That makes him Mia's father by process of elimination. Unless you think Lemia somehow seduced Dyne way back when.

Kizyr wrote: Perhaps, but your theory goes out the window once you consider that Lunar has more than three men living on the entire planet. KF

*chortle*

It's not like every character has to be paired with someone in the party, or every character HAS to have a signifigant other. In Lunar 1 it was the case for the main team, but in Lunar 2 only Hiro and Lucia within had a thing. Ronfar had Mauri, and the rest of them didn't have another at the time of the end of the game.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

NallOne wrote:I really need to get a hold of some translations for the Vheen Manga. :/

I knew I forgot to update something on LunarNET.

...yeah, I have them on my computer, just in Word format. I'll get them to HTML format this week, because the only other thing I have to do in the meantime is wait for interview responses. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Angelalex242 wrote:Yeah, but does Random Vane Citizen A really make for a good story?

That's probably why it's not IN the story. It's like deciding Leo and Jean must've hooked up because they're the only EB party members with no actual or potential love interests. It's just not there, so it's not important.

Ghaleon's relationship with all the generations of Ausas isn't really given, but he definitely has a big-brother one with Nia. Kizyr had a great idea for rendering the nicknames, but ended up not using it. Those two pages of generations show him meeting them and leaving, but there's definitely some letter-writing. Oddly, though, he doesn't seem to recognize Lemia's mother until she identifies herself...no, it's not that, I guess. He doesn't meet her until about then, so it's probably not a lack of recognition. Just that she presumably explains or thinks of the generations of Ausas; I don't think there are any words there. I always seem to write these posts away from my sources.

Kiz, I still have to give you notes for the third story, right? I'll see if I can work on it during my commute, if you still want them.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'm still interested in any notes you could give, since the third story is my personal favourite.

By the way, what nicknames and what idea were you referring to? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Half-pint and Gallon.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Kiz, I'm definately willing to help you get this up asap, but I may be starting a new job Monday, so if you can get them ready to go this week, I could help you more if needed.

I'm actually interesting in reading them again to pick up any timeline material that may have been missed in Rebecca's, or to use your quotes. Nothing against Rebecca's at all, but obviously I'd like to requote yours seeing as yours is the one posted here. :P
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I never believed in the Leo/Jean thing. There's no evidence of it.

Then again, weren't we supposed to be figuring how Dyne got the Blue Dragon Shrine open?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

What Leo/Jean thing? While I admit to wondering when EBC came out if that would manifest just for completion, I haven't heard people claiming that anything happened between them. I was just using that as an example of not assuming that people who travel together will necessarily become attached, hence why Lemia being one of the Four Heroes doesn't mean she necessarily was involved with either Dyne or Ghaleon.

Incidentally, Dyne is portrayed in the Vheen manga as liking kids, being affectionate to two small children who run up to him thinking at first that he's their father (who has been away from home for some time and is overdue).

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, Dyne was the one who stopped to save the individual as well as the town. Ghaleon was the one who who screwed the individual in favor of the town. And we see where each ended up.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Leo is gay, or did you forget that from the WD translation? :wink:

Seriously though, there are only three relationships prevalent in Eternal Blue. Hiro and Lucia, Ronfar and Mauri, and the budding interests of Nall and Ruby. Such a shame that aside from the Lunar I&II artbook that we didn't get to see a human form, of Ruby in the game. Oh wait, I forgot Borgan and Lemina's mother.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

And Lemina and Ramus. She's not interested in him other than financially, but he wants to marry her, or something like that. Probably not all that different from Borgan and Miria in scale.

And as I'm sure you know, WD stated clearly in one of their letters columns that Leo is NOT gay, Ruby's just getting digs in. I've never seen why devotion to career such that personal relationships are precluded should be interpreted as other interest. :?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I think there was more to Ramus/Miria than Lemina/Ramus. Unlike Lemina and Ramus, Borgan and Miria both seemed interested in each other.
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Heh. Well, it seems going for...err...men of overly sufficient size seems to be an Ausa thing. Since Miria and Lemina both fall for it. For...different reasons.

Then again, Lemina doesn't have to LOVE him, per se. She just has to marry him for his money. Just like what often happens RL. I would wager the tunnels of terror generate enough income to do just about everything for Vane save get it off the ground again.

And Lemina doesn't really want it off the ground, after seeing Neo Vane.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I wouldn't say Lemina doesn't want it off the ground. In the early design phases, either Shigema or Kubooka (can't remember which) stated Vane was originally going to re-lift itself from the ground for some serious fighting with Zophar.

Personally, if they could work it into the story somehow, I always thought it'd be a wonderful replacement for the Fortress of Althena to take the people back to the Blue Star someday.
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Did he say how Vane was going to get off the ground again?

I recall someone in SSSC saying Vane was kept aloft on the breath of the 4 dragons when Althena was AWOL.

Hmm...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Vane's mechanism's were more prevalent in talk in TSS than SSSC if I recall. Though apparently, only one dragon's power would be needed to keep a floating island from being grounded, as proven with Neo-Vane.
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Yeah, but that was one Dragon's dedicated power.

If the Dragons are to be off doing other things with their time besides keeping it up in the air, they might as well divide the labor.

And what did TSS say about it?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Among other things, that the Goddess wept for some number of days and nights at deeds of the Magic Empire and Vane floated to the top of this sea and stayed there. Or words to that effect.

Neo-Vane also doesn't look as large as Vane to me.

What Lemina realized is that she had to keep the traditions and whatnot of Vane alive, not just the magic part. That's the lesson that Neo-Vane taught her, not that it's bad to float.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I thought the Goddess herself lifted Vane into the sky, as she flooded the rest of the world in her tears? Was this further elaborated upon in one of the mangas? I'm just using what I know from TSS.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

More likely I'm just misremembering that particular library book. Don't have time to dig into the screenshot sections for it right now though. I'm just reasonably sure that it floated on the water, because I distinctly remember having that somewhat nonsensical mental image. Nonsensical in that the water would rise to Vane's current height, I mean.