Sleeping passengers on Hispaniola

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Sleeping passengers on Hispaniola

Post by Alunissage »

Anyone remember offhand if it's possible to talk to the sleeping passengers and sailors (and hear them sleeptalking) on the Hispaniola, just before going up on deck to see the Boat Song? It isn't in the iOS version, but there's Japanese text for them, so I was wondering if either SSSC or SSS (Japanese) had dialogue for that in the game.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Sleeping passengers on Hispaniola

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I do believe you can do this in SSSC. I do remember this for some reason...I'll confirm on my next play through
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Thanks. There are a couple of oddities in SSST that seem to be weird porting artifacts, but I just could not remember this one at all. It’s been quite a few years since I played SSSC, and I wasn’t writing down much dialogue then. Though come to think of it, I would’ve been playing it on the PS2 or 3, with essentially infinite saves available, so I may well have a save from the right place.

One thing I only just discovered is that there are multiple weather predictions the shoe-tossing wizard on Black Rose Street makes. I’d only ever seen the most common one (sunny) when I played before, so I didn’t realize there were others.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

So, I've verified that in SSH it is possible to talk to the sleeping passengers and crew also. So probably it's a weird SSST artifact.

Veritas Volpe
Burg Farmer

Post by Veritas Volpe »

Is this when we sail from Saith to Miribia, still at the begging?

Just played that part (Sega Saturn Version) and couldn't talk to the sleep passengers. I didn't know there was a version we could talk to then.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Weird, that should be possible. There are a couple of flag errors the following day (where we only get the second line of someone's dialogue without the first line), but there's text in the Saturn version for the sleepers. Maybe whatever messed it up in the iOS version also is a problem in the Saturn one -- it doesn't seem to be a dialogue issue, so maybe the map with the sleeping passengers doesn't always recognize them as interactible.