Althena's Rebirths

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Althena's Rebirths

Post by phyco126 »

Luna's movie in EBC confirms that she was born many times into the world of Lunar, and that as Luna, she no longer wanted to be a goddess because of the humans and because of Alex :)

Discuss!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

They used the same basic speech as they did in EB and didn't bother to revise it to match SSSC. It's not the only place bits of the original were used that didn't make sense.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

She was reborn multiple times. The only story that disagrees is SSS and Legend, and I prefer to ignore the latter. That leaves one version among... six other games / versions that support the other side.

Multiple rebirths was the way to go. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Not to mention the latest fad to stay young :P

Seriously, I should really take the time and effort to look through G1's screens to see if I can find any evidence that it was mentioned she was reborn many times (because I'm pretty certain it's in that game too somewhere.) It may have been recycled material, but I doubt that WD would let something that big in plot holes that could easily be fixed with new dialog remain in the game. Not saying it hasn't happened before, but I just don't see WD doing that. (Almost like seeing someone who takes great pride in their work, say painting a house, miss the garage and not care to fix it.)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

Speaking of which, am I the only one who thought that it was better that Althena appeared to Lucia in her young form in the original Sega CD version of LEB rather than an old woman in the PS version of LEB?
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~