15 years ago, next month, at the end of May...

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

15 years ago, next month, at the end of May...

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

... is the 15th Anniversary of LUNAR the Silver Star Story Complete's North American release on the PS1. Japan got it a year before on the PS1 and before that they got it two years prior on the Sega Saturn.

I still remember when I walked into my local Electronics Boutique and bought it after having pre-ordered it.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: 15 years ago, next month, at the end of May...

Post by Alunissage »

I didn't know about it when it came out (I'd played TSS but wasn't current on gaming news), but got it in about September. I can honestly say it changed my life immensely, because I met my husband on the WD messageboards, which he and I each joined after playing SSSC. ^_^

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

That is so amazing, Alunissage!! =D =D =D

Being the first game in the series that I had, I got Lunar SSSC in September 2002, though I had anticipated that for 2 or 3 years after having seen it in magazines when it was new.
Today, after having played every version several times, I still haven't had enough!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I remember waiting since 1996 for that game to finally be released in the US. In any case, I did finally pick it up sometime in mid-1999 when it finally was released.

In my case, the Lunar series had absolutely no impact on my life whatsoever. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)