Music in L:SSSC

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
BritBro
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Music in L:SSSC

Post by BritBro »

I was playing it again recently, and this has always bugged me, but on what I believe to be the official soundtrack you only have about 11 tracks, but if you search Alex's ingame Ocarina, there are loads more songs. Anyway to get them?

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Music in L:SSSC

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

The official soundtrack has I believe 24 songs. I had it uploaded on to my iTunes in highschool.

BritBro
Meryod Yokel

Post by BritBro »

WhiteKnightLeo wrote:The official soundtrack has I believe 24 songs. I had it uploaded on to my iTunes in highschool.
I found that out earlier today, yeah it does, but if you search through Alex's Ocarina, there are a lot more than 24 songs.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

BritBro wrote:
WhiteKnightLeo wrote:The official soundtrack has I believe 24 songs. I had it uploaded on to my iTunes in highschool.
I found that out earlier today, yeah it does, but if you search through Alex's Ocarina, there are a lot more than 24 songs.
Yeah! Where are all of these and at CD quality?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It's been years since I checked, but I'm pretty sure that some of those are ones that probably wouldn't be worth putting on a soundtrack, like the Lyton music before it's "fixed". Or the Meryod girl's singing.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

The "lalala" songs from anyone other than Luna put me in the mind of The Smurfs. Anyone else think this? lol

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

^Yes, actually. :) I'm sure someone particularly enterprising could try to arrange the notes characters use to make a custom sound set. They could be made to sing The Smurfs.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Leo wrote:
BritBro wrote:
Yeah! Where are all of these and at CD quality?
This doesn't help answer your question, but at the SSS music page:
http://www.lunar-net.com/sssc/music.php
you can compare the list of the MIDIs in the PC version against the US soundtrack. The MIDI list includes basically all the music in the game (accessed via Alex's ocarina), and comparing that against the US soundtrack list shows what's "missing" from the soundtrack.

As for those in CD quality, well, only a handful are on any of the soundtracks (the OST for SSS, or the various other soundtracks that were released). You may be mostly out of luck there... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Emulate the music, then convert it to your format of choice.

http://ocremix.org/chip/12112
「まあいいけど。」

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Thanks! :D

Quantam
Meribian Merchant

Post by Quantam »

Working on putting the full thing (all synthesized tracks plus a few cinematic tracks) up on VGMPF. Gimme a couple days.