Lunar Playthrough Part 4: Nanza, a Dragonmaster, and Vane

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Playthrough Part 4: Nanza, a Dragonmaster, and Vane

Post by Sonic# »

Oof, there was a few days' delay there. Work got briefly busy, and then life did.

I went ahead and played through Nanza today. I don't have much to say on this point:

My girlfriend was watching, and was amused at Kyle's large snotbubble.
I'd forgotten that there were points in the game where it only became clear how to advance if you started talking to lots of people, since it's clear that one needs to talk to Kyle if you talk to the eastern gatekeeper, and afterward it's a scavenger hunt with clues and flags hidden in dialogue. I like this as a mechanic, but I can imagine someone who neglects NPC dialogue being unimpressed by this.
Jessica's going to be the last PC we find, and the PC we've heard the most about second-hand. (For NPCs, Althena and Dyne would probably beat this.) We have these Jessicas: the good daughter of Mel and dutiful priestess, a priestess fed up with the temple, a woman seeing some boy without Mel's knowledge, and a woman fed up with Kyle's antics. That was from memory, and I've probably missed a few, but at this point Jessica seems the character I have the most to learn about, partly to see how all these aspects fit together. Other characters also have things waiting to be discovered, but they are less apparent or less immediate.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Lunar Playthrough Part 4: Nanza, a Dragonmaster, and Van

Post by Alunissage »

Sorry I've gotten a bit behind -- my mom was in town for three extra days due to car trouble and we ended up doing things that precluded my playing. As of this post you're done with Nanza and about to go to Lann? And in a couple days will be what, done with Lann and Lann Island?

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'd gotten behind posting (busy week) but had kept playing. I'm technically now just gotten Kyle, but won't be able to play until next Wednesday. I'll make a big post to encompass my notes of the interim.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Still working on this... at Lann Island now.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Me too - Memorial Day hit, and then it's been a week or so of catch-up and diversions. I'm further along (through the first trip to Meryod), but I'm going slowly.
Sonic#