A fifth Dragon Found?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

A fifth Dragon Found?

Post by Sadrin »

I Hope I'm Not An Idiot...
The other day I visited my favorite sprite site, http://www.spriters-resource.com and found that they had some new Lunar rips. I checked them out and eventually come to the sprite sheet for the 4 Dragons. Clicked on it and was shocked to see a 5th Dragon! Underneath the sprite read, Note: The green dragon is unused. I knew nothing about it, so I did some Google searching and came up with nothing. Now I might just be really bad with using Google or this really was a hidden dragon.
I sent the guy who ripped the sprite(davias) a message asking for some info. "The hidden dragon... it's like the unused dragon spell from the Magic Masher, it was just there. I found the green dragon in a quicksave together with the Red Dragon (summoned him & made a quicksave)." I then took to my own save states and loaded the fun battle with Nash. Did what Davias said he had done. And Ta-da!
I played around a little more and found out that the new dragon shows up on any battle. Not sure how I missed this but I'm glad someone found it. That's viewed with the Red Dragon's pallet. The Green version is a pallet that Davias found. Really the new dragon is left over from the Dragon Anger spell. You can see parts of the fire ball that's used. I'm not sure about the bolder though. Could the new dragon simply be a edit of the red dragon? Or was someone just playing around and used up the empty space? You can see the new dragon lacks the details of the other dragons, is smaller in size and the whole body is shown. I hope someone can give us some info about what Davias came across.

Thanks again to Davias for ripping so many of the sprites from Lunar:SSSC and EBC.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Re: A fifth Dragon Found?

Post by Shiva Indis »

Very interesting! Viewed next to the normal dragon summons, you can really see that this image is different in scale from the others - this dragon is a bit undersized in comparison. Maybe it's some sort of placeholder graphic that never got removed?
「まあいいけど。」

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

It's probably the Star Dragon of Eternal Blue fame.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Lishy
Lyton Singer

Post by Lishy »

Beta Black Dragon? Star Dragon?