Level Grinding

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
maravida
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Level Grinding

Post by maravida »

After reading all the posts in the "Last Boss" thread in this forum, i was inspired to try in ernest to max out my party. i am about mid way through Lunar SSSC (as far as i recall anyway, just became the dragon master) and am excited to get my characters super jacked so i can decimate anything in my path from here on out!

i was particularly interested in Angelalex242's "black dragon fortress run".

as stated by Angelalex, each journey up the fortress yeilds about 50k xp, and so does each journey down. so 20 runs is 1 million xp. i like this way of breaking it down, makes it seem much more manageable!

i am currently trying to do a sort of modified black dragon run. i am currently at level 58, and all the mosters just run from me (except those things that look like giant eyes), so its a lil annoying to track everything down.

my roommate has been playing with me and he figured out that the top floor yields about 11k xp, so we have just been clearing the top floor 10 times instead of climbing up and down the tower. i am hoping that in a few sleepless nights i will be maxed out and ready to continue my journey!

anybody else make it to level 99? (obviously alexangel242 has!) any other strategys?

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Level Grinding

Post by Aaron »

I have reached the max level in many RPGs including both Lunars and their ps remakes.

I found the easiest way to max out any character in an RPG is usually the last area. The reason being is that most of the time its the place where you get the max exp. There are some exceptions like in Lunar 2 with the ferret animal monster things. And I think in some other RPGs they have secret areas where you can get a ton of EXP.

But the most important ingredient to get to the max level is determination, drive, repetition. It'll get really boring but just keep at it. You'll eventually get there. I would upload my level 99 data but I don't know how to get the data off of a memory card. Also there are save files for emulators on www.gamefaqs.com

maravida
Lann Fisherman

Post by maravida »

Thank you for the advice and words of encouragement! i have maxed myself out in a few other RPGs but never in Lunar and usually in a situation where i was playing much more relaxed, had more free time, and spent many months beating a game. so, this is also my first full on attempt to max out suddenly!

i thought about just playing through until the end area (with my standard level grinding just to stay ahead of the curve) until reading the post by angelalex. i like how its seperated into almost sub-journeys of level building. also, i am very excited about going forth from this point able to absolutely rock everything!

tomorrow is my day off so i plan on logging some serious hours tonite. wish me luck!

oh, and as for the files, i dont have any really knowledge of how to go about that, (not he most tech-savy gamer out there) but thanks all the same!

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

I have an old dex drive for the ps1 (obviously) if anyone wants it. I haven't used it in years. Basically it lets you take saved games from a computer file and then apply it to a ps1 memory card in the proper save file. If you go to gamefaqs you can see the saved games. You can take those ones or what not. I bet the stats at 99 are beast. I used to use my gameshark to test things like that for fun.

maravida
Lann Fisherman

Post by maravida »

i'd give that a shot! ive been giving my ps1 games lots of attention latly and just pulled out my original ps1 during thanxgiving (i had been playing on my ps2).

i miss my gameshark... it was fun for random stuff like that. eventually it started just falling apart...