Unreleased BGM

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Unreleased BGM

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Ever notice that a number of tracks from the game never made it to any CD? The most obvious example of such a track is the theme that plays during Alex's ascension to Dragonmaster, as well as the song that plays when you get the Dragonmaster equipment.

Anyone know any others?
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Visit My Backloggery to keep up on my gaming exploits!

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Unreleased BGM

Post by Alunissage »

Several people have mentioned that Ghaleon's second theme in EB (I think it plays when he shows up to stun Leo as the party emerges from the Mystic Ruins) isn't in EBC, and I think it might not be on any of the soundtracks either...or I'd have an easier time remembering how it goes. And of course the synthesized version of Xenobia's theme in TSS isn't on the soundtrack or on the game disc since it's not redbook, although the melody itself is in the medley and possibly somewhere else on the soundtrack in a different form.

On the flip side, there's music on the EB Prelude disc which isn't in any of the actual games as far as I know.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Aren't there some unused variant songs that are only found on the Japanese version of L:EB?
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes. There's a spooky version of the "sneaking aboard the Destiny" theme, and perhaps something else. I have mp3s of all of them somewhere.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

The spooky version of "Beyond the Silence" (tense theme of sneaking on the Dragonship, etc.) isnt my thing, but yes, there's that other, GREAT remix of it hidden away and tragically unused. It's about ten seconds longer and has a really nice bridge that would play before it loops.
aka Maou

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

I suggest we gather all the info about "lost" background music from the games and put up sections to it on the site.
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Visit My Backloggery to keep up on my gaming exploits!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sure. I won't be able to do much for a couple of days, and possibly as much as a week or more, though... have 1) work deadline this afternoon 2) knitting deadline tomorrow morning 3) annual knitting show/marketplace tomorrow afternoon 4) flight to SoCal tomorrow evening to visit family and 5) attend funeral on Monday. This sort of thing is why I found myself pulling all-nighters last night and the night before, over a decade after I ceased to be a student. :P

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Just add it to Lunar-Net's extensive to-do list. :mrgreen:

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'd actually like to do a blitz of updates up to and shortly after SSH's release. This could be part of that. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

My recollection is that there was an unused track buried inside the PSOne game, actually.

TerraBemani
Student of Vane

Post by TerraBemani »

And the hidden Zophar track about xa audio. XD

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

The music that plays in (IIRC) the haunted mansion and the blue spire in EBC... is it on the soundtracks anywhere (US or otherwise?) Its one of my favorite peices and I recall it wasnt on the one with the game, but it might be.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

ShindoW wrote:The music that plays in (IIRC) the haunted mansion and the blue spire in EBC... is it on the soundtracks anywhere (US or otherwise?) Its one of my favorite peices and I recall it wasnt on the one with the game, but it might be.
It's called "Beyond the Silence," and sadly, it's never been on any soundtrack. Lunar veteran Parn ripped all the tracks anyway (http://synbios.net/site/?s=lunar&submit=Find), but still. Just to be sure, I assume you really mean the pieces played in the mansion and the spire in the remake?

I ask since in the Mega CD version, "Magic Examination" (spooky music from Illusion Woods) played in the Blue Spire and during the haunted mansion's...magic examination, as it should. Regrettably, Beyond the Silence is rather overplayed in the remake, but oh well. But if by any chance you actually meant Magic Examination, it is on the Lunatic Parade albums.
aka Maou