Lunatic Festa - hey it follows the novels!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunatic Festa - hey it follows the novels!

Post by Kizyr »

I'm listening to a couple of the Lunatic Festa tracks. And, surprisingly, they follow the novels really closely, even right down to dialogue.

I might be able to start a new project of translating all these. Maybe putting up YouTube videos with still images from the novels while I'm at it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Lunatic Festa - hey it follows the novels!

Post by Alunissage »

Shiva Indis was working on these a while back, and I wrote her to ask about it (hence my joke about summoning Shiva). Perhaps you could work together?

swordandshield
Lyton Singer

Post by swordandshield »

What is Lunatic Festa?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Kiz, if you're wanting to do video, let me build a custom Lunar-ized movie player rather than using YouTube. It would add charm to the feature if you do it. Video players in Flash are fairly easy, and I have all the software needed to do it on my Mac.
-G1

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:Kiz, if you're wanting to do video, let me build a custom Lunar-ized movie player rather than using YouTube. It would add charm to the feature if you do it. Video players in Flash are fairly easy, and I have all the software needed to do it on my Mac.
While I agree, after seeing other folks put up the MS Lunar Anime videos (the subtitled ones from our site) on YouTube anyway, can't we just do both? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I've been meaning to add that I have the dramas copied out through part 11. Want 'em, Kiz?

I've dreamed of doing more involved videos in Flash with game graphics, but... I don't know Flash. :wink:
「まあいいけど。」

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Kizyr wrote:
GhaleonOne wrote:Kiz, if you're wanting to do video, let me build a custom Lunar-ized movie player rather than using YouTube. It would add charm to the feature if you do it. Video players in Flash are fairly easy, and I have all the software needed to do it on my Mac.
While I agree, after seeing other folks put up the MS Lunar Anime videos (the subtitled ones from our site) on YouTube anyway, can't we just do both? KF
Certainly. Though if all you're worried about is people stealing the videos, building it into Flash means they would have to come to the site and view it in our video player. (similiar to how a video player on a news site doesn't allow you to actually download the video)
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Heh. Please forgive me for this, but when G1 said "Kiz you want to do a video?" this instantly popped into my head. A dark room full of books and a well lit fireplace. A large and well padded chair of an obvious rich-man is occupied by Kiz. Kiz, smoking a pipe, looks into the camera in his well-to-do plush mahogany robe. He begins to talk... "Good day young viewers, I am Kizry, and today we will hear about a very special story about love and friendship...." then Kiz opens on of the Lunar Novels and begins to read... *sigh*

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I suggested something like this years ago, and had been thinking of it for a year or more before then:
http://lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?p=14552#p14552

I may have PMed Phyco about it too; Phyco, do you remember anything like that?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Nope, can't say I remember receiving any PMs about doing a video based on Lunatic Festa. I kinda remember the topic you linked to, but I don't even recall reading your idea there. Would be spiffy though.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Anything develop from this?
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I've barely had the time to keep up with SSH news, much less continue along this... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)