Lunar SSSC Dating Sim Game

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar SSSC Dating Sim Game

Post by Blue_Goddess »

If there was a Lunar Dating Sim game,

1.what features would you like it to have??
2. What story plot would it have??
---

http://arthemis-pink.deviantart.com

The Goddess Althena created the world of Lunar and She will always be remembered in our hearts.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

set it up just like that one h-game True Love.

Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane

Post by Blue_Goddess »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:set it up just like that one h-game True Love.
true love?
---

The Goddess Althena created the world of Lunar and She will always be remembered in our hearts.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

entertaining and doesn't go the exact same each time. download it from somewhere. i couldn't imagine having to deal with being looked at AND putting money into an h-game.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

True Love was definately a gem, though my personal favorite was a little game called Three Sisters Story. That was good because of the plot however, so I agree that a sim along the lines of True Love would be best. You have a full day, and you have to decide what to do throughout the day and throughout the night, raising certain attributes such as knowledge, strength, artistic ability, etc. Then, there are numerous girls throughout the game who react to you in different ways because of how you levelled up those seperate abilities. One girl who is attracted to skills in Art, another in sports, several who require a balance of different skills. Very cool system.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

All I have to say is, don't forget the EBC girls in this! If you want me in on it, Lucia's gotta be an option ;)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

...I'd prefer it set up like the Love Hina game (GBA), or Tokimeki Memorial (several platforms).

The plus side is that neither of those are H-games. Tokimeki Memorial also proved that you could have a good dating-sim game without naughty pictures.

The best set up would be at the Magic Guild of Vane, where you play one student. Using characters from TSS/EB would just be a ridiculous headache on canon--that has way too many versions as-is. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

WHAT?! A dating sim without naughty pictures? WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!?!?!?!

;)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

They could do Harvest Moon! Grow giant carrots in Iluk, go off to the mines on the frontier to score a little ore, stop by Maryod (EDIT: Meryod - I've been reading a lot on the Virgin lately) on the way and woo one of a dozen different suitors. ;)

... I like Kiz's idea best. That is, pick a location and have the setting be that of Lunar, without tying anything into events in other games. For that, I'd nominate an expanded Meribia. You could have one of many jobs in the city, and have many locales to pick boys or girls to date. The system could be set up like Shenmue, allowing exploration and other missions to coincide with the wooing. Rather like a more open-ended Shenmue with a variety to choose from.

Though I must make it clear here that I do not have any experience with a pure dating sim.
Last edited by Sonic# on Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

phyco126 wrote:WHAT?! A dating sim without naughty pictures? WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!?!?!?!

;)
not to dating sims without naughty pictures.

GPG, did you play Fatal Relations? that one was pretty cool/twisted.

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Kizyr wrote:
The best set up would be at the Magic Guild of Vane, where you play one student. Using characters from TSS/EB would just be a ridiculous headache on canon--that has way too many versions as-is. KF
Not to mention the fact that most of those characters are paired up with someone else, meaning that to make them available options in any such game brings up the vile stench of wish-fulfillment fanfic.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

wish fulfillment fanfic can be good. i read a Love Hina fanfic that was a take on if Keitaro and Motoko were forced to marry. I usually don't read fanfic. i don't actually recall why i even chose to read it. i usually have very low expectations for fanfic based on what i've seen for many things. lunar included.

Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane

Post by Blue_Goddess »

Sonic# wrote:They could do Harvest Moon! Grow giant carrots in Iluk, go off to the mines on the frontier to score a little ore, stop by Maryod on the way and woo one of a dozen different suitors. ;)

... I like Kiz's idea best. That is, pick a location and have the setting be that of Lunar, without tying anything into events in other games. For that, I'd nominate an expanded Meribia. You could have one of many jobs in the city, and have many locales to pick boys or girls to date. The system could be set up like Shenmue, allowing exploration and other missions to coincide with the wooing. Rather like a more open-ended Shenmue with a variety to choose from.

Though I must make it clear here that I do not have any experience with a pure dating sim.
Hmm, a harvest Moon theme, that would be nice. . . .
---

X-Calibar
Meribian Merchant

Re: Lunar SSSC Dating Sim Game

Post by X-Calibar »

(Hopefully there's no problem in posting in old threads :) )

Hmmm... Lunar dating sim game...
OK! I know what I'd like it to be like...
First off, I don't really want just another dating sim game even if it's in such a wonderful setting as Lunar...
Okkkkkkk I think I got it.

First off gotta have Ghaleon in it. Second, epic story... Then of course we'll need loveable characters!

I don't know much about Lunar history post-Silver Star Story Complete except what is told in the game, and that one important cutscene : A Goddess Reborn
But I think the main character of the Visual Novel / Dating Sim should be Dyne!
Personally I wasn't too interested in Dyne as a character... I don't remember learning much about him in game. However, reflecting on Dyne. He COULD make a really good main character for the Lunar dating sim game...

I'm picturing the great "dating sim"/strategy game Utawarerumono (this game kinda reminds me of Lunar in a general sense...) :
PC game opening PS2 game opening
Anime opening
Utawarerumono PC english preview

If the Lunar "dating sim" was epic like Utawarerumono, yet actually allow choices to decide the fate of Lunar, and who you might end up with...
Well we know the canoical ending would be Dyne x Althena... But, I'm sure there were other people of that time..!
I'm quite curious as to how Dyne and Althena became so close. How in the world did he get so close to the Goddess??? Hmm... hopefully established Lunar history doesn't completely explain this so it could be imaginative and worthy of a new Lunar sized game...
Lunar 3??? I sure would like it to be :p

I don't know who the other women in Dyne's life are though... ARGH I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!
To play through the Dyne's time, and find it as exciting as Alex's... Even if the established history turns out to not be as impressive as the events Alex goes through, a great "dating sim" or Visual Novel is really defined by the dialogue... So adventures + fun every day life with Dyne, Ghaleon, Althena?, Mel, the people of Lunar...

Lunar 3: Shadow of the Eclipse
hmmmmm....
Lunar 3: Soul Shadow [ghaleon does say something about the soul in the reborn cutscene...]

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Sakura Taisen is also an awesome dating-sim with no H. Granted, there's also strategy battles with giant steam-powered mechs as well... :-P
-Nobi

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Dating-Sims with no H is like decaffeinated coffee. Kinda defeating a purpose, but some want it anyway.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Oh God...please no.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

MiaOne wrote:Oh God...please no.

Could it possibly be worse than Dragon Song?

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
MiaOne wrote:Oh God...please no.

Could it possibly be worse than Dragon Song?

Good point.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Harvest Moon is kinda like a dating sim, in a way, and it has no H. And it's a damn fun series.

I guess a Lunar dating sim could be fun, but I think it would have to have the TSS and EB characters in it. Screw canon, it can be an AU thing. Because honestly? Not many would play it if you were only able to court random townspeople that nobody cares about.