The Lunar SSSC dungeons

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The Lunar SSSC dungeons

Post by Blue_Goddess »

There are lots of dungeons in lunar SSSC. It's either they have easy or hard monsters

So which dungeon had the easisest and the hardest monsters to beat???

well, mine was the VERY FIRST dungeon. The white dragon cave. I was only eight back then, and i had no idea on how to play RPGs
---

http://arthemis-pink.deviantart.com

The Goddess Althena created the world of Lunar and She will always be remembered in our hearts.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Easiest: White Dragon Cave
Hardest: The Forbiddon Forest (Or whatever the name was that lead to the female springs)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

The easiest for me was the Nanza trail.
The hardest, excluding the one phyco mentioned (as it's optional), was probably Ruid.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

phyco126 wrote:Easiest: White Dragon Cave
Hardest: The Forbiddon Forest (Or whatever the name was that lead to the female springs)
its hard but worth while. i remember running from every battle because i was underleveld and then i couldnt get back out.

Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane

Post by Blue_Goddess »

exigence wrote:
its hard but worth while. i remember running from every battle because i was underleveld and then i couldnt get back out.
hahah, i was running back then too. i had to find that spring just to see the bath scenes
---

The Goddess Althena created the world of Lunar and She will always be remembered in our hearts.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I always did it after I got the black dragon black hole thingy. Made fights so easy.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

the first time i played it i went to the other spring it was much easier but it wasnt really my thing.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

exigence wrote:the first time i played it i went to the other spring it was much easier but it wasnt really my thing.
everyone i know saw the nash thing and was like "whoa! aweso.....uhhh....eww". lol damn scrolling images...oh well..at least it wasn't futanari.

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

How very true, that was definitely an FMV I could've done without.

Easiest: White Dragon Cave
Toughest: That's a toughie, no pun intended. The first part of Althena's Fortress was annoying as all hell after my group got cursed. The Grindery Bowels were a pain because you couldn't backtrack. Ruid, yeah, that was hard, too. Had to go through the whole dungeon up and back, with no Goddess Statue in sight. Really can't decide, but those were really hard for me, I remember.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Well, I'm not so sure about the easiest dungeon; the first one most probably, just on account of the way that difficulty should ramp up as the game progresses. Although the most entertaining dungeon might be Damon's Spire.

The hardest one, of course, is the Forbidden Forest that leads up to the Women's Spring (same as what phyco said). That always elicited a fun response the first time around:

Me: Oh, it's just a few ambushes. No big deal; I'll fight!
Ambush 1: ::kills half of party::
Ambush 2: ::nearly kills Kyle::
Me: What the )@(#*%!!!! RUN!

And then it was just a cat-and-mouse thing with me trying to get the hell away. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I got through the hard way by using Nash's status spells on the enemies. About the only time I ever did use them.

Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane

Post by Blue_Goddess »

Alunissage wrote:I got through the hard way by using Nash's status spells on the enemies. About the only time I ever did use them.
i fought the monsters there by running away. . .and if i got killed, i would just load my last saved file and the the whole process again until i reached the spring (but my i did not have enough soap to see the other girls bath. . wah)
---

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'd saved just before the bath part so when my housemate got home I could reload and show him the scene. I was surprised to find that it was a different scene! Had no idea there were two of each.

Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane

Post by Blue_Goddess »

Alunissage wrote:I'd saved just before the bath part so when my housemate got home I could reload and show him the scene. I was surprised to find that it was a different scene! Had no idea there were two of each.
hm. . i think i'll try that technique. . .
---

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Actually? Getting through the lost forest is best done once you're the Dragonmaster.

Then, you just Black Dragon Grief everything. They're vulnerable to that spell in there.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Angelalex242 wrote:Actually? Getting through the lost forest is best done once you're the Dragonmaster.

Then, you just Black Dragon Grief everything. They're vulnerable to that spell in there.
I was under the impression that, by then, the springs were 'shut down'. Hence you'd be forced to go through there earlier in the game, when you didn't have a backup plan. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There's a window in which you can go to the springs after getting that spell. That's what's recommended in the guide.

bikinibabee
Burg Farmer

Post by bikinibabee »

yeh the stupid dungeons were kinda hard twords the end of the game.... especialy...

the hotspring wich if you wanted to se mia and jessica bathing.....that was so.... hard..... unless you were somewere around 77... then it should have been easey
Do you remember the love they had?

MetalFRO
Meribian Merchant

Post by MetalFRO »

QFT!
Music reviews
Listen to "The Gamut" Sunday evenings from 9 PM - midnight EST on Blabber Jesus Radio!