Why I dont Like G4

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
MetalFRO
Meribian Merchant
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by MetalFRO »

phyco126 wrote:Picky picky picky :P

Kidding.

Seriously though, I love the songs, I don't have any beef with them at all.

I think the "All things are real unless you dream they're not" is more of a "A things are possible unless you believe they are not"
That was how I interpreted it as well. It's almost sugary in it's optimism!

G4 is okay - I have a love/hate relationship w/ the channel. I love the fact that it's a channel dedicated to technology & gaming, but I hate that it changed so much from TechTV (where is Screen Savers?) to G4. X-Play gets on my nerves sometimes between the anti-Christian (or anti-spirituality) undertones it sometimes takes (though that could be argued for MOST of the original programming), and because Adam Sessler is trying to be the epitome of 30-something gamers & pass off that he's cool (when he's just as much a dork as the rest of us).

I like AOTS most of the time, I enjoy Ninja Warrior, I like Cinematech quite a lot, and occasionally Cheat! will say something useful. It's kind of a double-edged sword, though, because there's actually very little original programming on the channel. Between midnight CST & 8 AM CST where I live there's nothing but infomercials (dumb, considering many geeks stay up later), and much of their program schedule (like SciFi) is repeated dozens of times. You'll see the same 8-10 episodes of X-Play spread out over a few weeks' time, & they'll intersperse older episodes as needed. Same thing with Cheat!

What's w/ shows like Cheaters, or COPS on the channel? I understand (& support) them showing stuff like Star Trek, but why those others? It makes it seem like they're trying really hard to be SpikeTV with shows like that.

Oh, but I do like Code Monkeys, even if it is a bit vulgar for my tastes. Lots of fun early-mid 80's gaming in-jokes.
Music reviews
Listen to "The Gamut" Sunday evenings from 9 PM - midnight EST on Blabber Jesus Radio!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

MetalFRO wrote:Oh, but I do like Code Monkeys, even if it is a bit vulgar for my tastes. Lots of fun early-mid 80's gaming in-jokes.
Code Monkeys and Star Trek TNG are the only things left on G4TT that I'll still watch. Code Monkeys has become my favorite (still-running) animated show, at that. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Is Arrested Development still on G4? If so, I think that's worth watching. It's an odd choice for the network, but it's still hilarious.

Deathblood
Student of Vane
Location: In survitude to The Reapers and about to kill Commander Shepard

Re: Why I dont Like G4

Post by Deathblood »

Hey almost all of us watched that episode and hated X-Play since, but still...

because of this darn web filter, i can't go on u-tube 2 watch it. but I get it. They suck. Lunar rules. the end.
Ways of death comes in many shapes. But there are only a few shapes of death itself.[/i]