Lunar Movies!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Jupiterstar1221
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Movies!

Post by Jupiterstar1221 »

I found a site with video clips from this game. I read about how Lunareb closed down and I found this site. I'm going to post a topic in Lunar Eternal Blue Complete.

http://www.damirkolar.com/lsssc/

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

So... who's hosting these anyway? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Just what I was about to post on the similar thread in the EBC board. If the person hosting them is not knowingly giving permission for his/her bandwidth to be used then they should not be linked. I think G1 plans to have them up eventually anyway.

Jupiterstar1221
Burg Farmer

Post by Jupiterstar1221 »

I just looked for a contact but I couldn't find it anywhere!!!!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

... well, for one, if they don't want their bandwidth sucked up for a link being posted else where, especially to a place that's been begging for them to begin with, then they can take their videos on the net.

Second, if they where worried about bandwidth, then they wouldn't have hundreds of movie clips laying around the wite.

Third, if they where worried about bandwidth, then why the hell do they have a website with links to the videos?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

From the site itself it looks like s/he's okay with it, and that's fine. What I was getting at is if someone uploaded stuff to their webspace temporarily for a specific person or two to download, not for the whole wide world -- as I did with some Lunar cutscenes some time ago. I would have been very angry if that link had been spread around by the few people I informed privately of it. (I removed them after the people who wanted them had gotten them, of course.) Anyway, I hadn't looked at the main page, just the directory linked in the original post, whose no-frills look suggested that it might not be intended for general consumption.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I do plan on trying to get all the Lunar movies up. And I may have found a way to get Sega CD movies up too now. (including that EB demo CD you sent Alunissage). Still, these are perfectly good movies for people looking for them right now, I'm sure.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alunissage wrote:From the site itself it looks like s/he's okay with it, and that's fine. What I was getting at is if someone uploaded stuff to their webspace temporarily for a specific person or two to download, not for the whole wide world -- as I did with some Lunar cutscenes some time ago. I would have been very angry if that link had been spread around by the few people I informed privately of it. (I removed them after the people who wanted them had gotten them, of course.) Anyway, I hadn't looked at the main page, just the directory linked in the original post, whose no-frills look suggested that it might not be intended for general consumption.
Eh, sure it's one thing for someone you trust to spread something around that you didn't want them too, but if it is online and someone found it by some search or whatever (granted 2 or 3 days probably won't show up on any search engine, but I digress) then to me, that's fair game and the risk of uploading stuff to the internet. Still, please don't get me wrong, I understand your view an in a lot of ways, I can agree.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."