Lords of Lunar (hidden minigame)????

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Iga
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Iga »

Aaaaahh... I played LoL, and it felt like that first breath of fresh air after coming out of a really musty place. I'm definitely playing SSSC and EBC again now(maybe I'll actually beat them this time).

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

EBC I can understand not beating, but SSSC?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Why is that?
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

He probably means that why would you go and play through the sequel to a game when you didn't beat the first to begin with.

Iga
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Iga »

Well, I've practically beaten SSSC, to an extent. I've gotten to the final Ghaleon fight, but by the time I get there, I'm hurt so badly that I just can't win. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing any goddess statues before the final battle there; I haven't played that game in years.

In EBC, I did much worse. :P The farthest I got was that battle with the pheonix-like boss on the statue in Azado. I have ALOT more to do in that one.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

GhaleonOne wrote:
Why is that?
Because EBC is a pain to beat, since you get less silver for fights, and items cost way more (like the 2000 silver for a blue light,) the bosses are waaaaaaay harder, and to heal at most of the Althena Statues, you have to pay a ton of silver.

Whereas SSSC is a complete pushover in comparison. I've beaten it many times, and I had to restart many bosses many times.

---POSSIBLE SPOILER---

Iga, a tip, before going to Althena's Fortress did you clean out your inventory of stuff you didn't need and then talk to Ramus, who gives you as much free stuff as you need (until you run out of inventory space at least.)

Also, use the ring that halfs your magic costs for Alex, and be sure to have him cast White Dragon Protect I think once every other turn (something like that.)

Maiku
Student of Vane

Post by Maiku »

Well, I found the game, but it doesn't work on my PS or PS2.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Iga wrote:
exigence wrote:im glad i dont have to live with your brother, i throw a fit every time my sister takes a lunar game out of the playstation and sets it on top insted of putting it in its case, i couldnt even imagine what id do if she gave it away.
That sucks man, luckily I've yelled at my little brother enough to where he's finally stopped doing that(most of the time). And I've been wanting to play Lords of Lunar for awhile now, actually. I'll go do that soon. :D
Will you show me your ways, i had no idea younger siblings could be trained to be respectful of other peoples things?

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

I don't know what your talking about. I am the younger sibling and my older brother and sister are bullies. I guess it has helped me, but as for the trained part, i think it's more like fear.

Iga
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Iga »

exigence wrote: Will you show me your ways, i had no idea younger siblings could be trained to be respectful of other peoples things?
Well, I would basically just tell him what he did wrong when he does something wrong and then show him the right way to do it(such as showing him how to properly put in/take out a disc without smudging the underside). But he was around 4 or 5 when I started getting on him for it, so I dunno about a sibling around the 8 or 9 age range(if that's your sister's age range, I dunno).

And thanks for the tips, Phyco, I'll remember those.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Iga wrote:
exigence wrote: Will you show me your ways, i had no idea younger siblings could be trained to be respectful of other peoples things?
Well, I would basically just tell him what he did wrong when he does something wrong and then show him the right way to do it(such as showing him how to properly put in/take out a disc without smudging the underside).
Meh, I would personally just stick to a good old fashion beating. I'm sure after a few broken bones and hospilizations, the younger sibling will figure out what NOT to do.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

I'm just kidding, please don't do that.

No problem concerning the tips, if you need more help feel free to ask.