PC Version?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
foxknight
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

PC Version?

Post by foxknight »

The excellent-quality movies in the SSSC section of this site were said to come from a Japanese PC release. Does anyone know where one might obtain a copy, and whether they made an Eternal Blue or Magic School PC release as well?

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Unfortunately, Game Arts never did get around to making PC versions of EB or Magic School, though I wonder how much they made on that PC venture (evidently not enough). I feel like even semi-recently the blokes at Hongfire (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56) had copies of the PC version circulating about, though it's long since disappeared from mainstream vendors like Amazon Japan and the like, and I doubt you want to deal with Yahoo Japan auctions if you're not a resident of Japan yourself. Good luck!
aka Maou

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, the Japanese PC version is the *only* Lunar release I haven't been able to find. :( There was also a Korean version of it released, though, and I have that. You probably know that WD had planned to release it here as well but the hardware compatibility issues made it a nightmare and it was as buggy as heck.

lexis
Meryod Yokel

Re: PC Version?

Post by lexis »

hi

i know that the thread is old as hell but i need some information about the korean pc version.
i`ve got a sealed copy of this game and think about to open, try install it and play it.
but a friend of mine said its possible that the game is rare and hard to get sealed.
i`m a little bit confused, open it or lay back in my collection cupboard in sealed condition.

sorry for my bad english. i`m from germany and don`t come around so much in us or uk forums.

lexis

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, it's a *very* old thread -- since the last time I posted, I've gotten both the Japanese and the (regular) Korean release (I'd already had the limited edition). The regular Korean PC game was the last Lunar game I got, and the fact that I only found and got it in 2008 should tell you how hard it is to find. However, I have to say that even as a collector, I personally don't get much out of sealed copies. I get things because I like having them, and that includes opening them and looking at them (and, in the case of games, playing them). I have kept the jewel case of the Korean game in its cellophane, but that's because I already had the Limited Edition game open to play. Likewise, the only sealed things in my collection are things I also have open copies of too (such as the EBC guide), and the only interest I usually have in buying a sealed copy is because it's then guaranteed to be complete -- I still want to open it.

All that said, as you say, it IS a rare game -- I only know of one or two other people at most who have it. However, the copy I got last year was new/sealed, purchased from a Korean game store site, and was pretty inexpensive (I think; it was a gift so I didn't actually make the purchase myself). They may have more. The difficulty there, once someone else did the work of actually finding the site, is in buying from it, because I needed to find a citizen of Korea to buy it.

It's really your decision. It's hard to get new, but it seems to be just as hard to get used -- I've never seen a used one for sale anywhere, and have only seen two new ones being sold, both of which I bought. Used or new, it's rare. In my opinion it depends entirely on whether you want to play the game itself.

By the way, do you have the regular release or the Limited Edition? The Limited Edition is in a pretty big box and comes with a couple of extras. The regular release isn't even really in a box, just the jewel case with a sheath around it. Just wondering.

lexis
Meryod Yokel

Post by lexis »

hi

thank you for your quick answer :)

this is the copy i`ve got last year from a friend:

if it`s really so hard to get the game sealed, i put it back in my cupboard ^^
i also have the ps1 games of lunar so i think i will play them ;)
by the way, where can i get some other lunar merchandise?
specifically all the things from working designs i`m looking for.
the problem is that these things in germany are hard to find at ebay.

jos24
Lostest Boy

Post by jos24 »

[Removed]
Piracy is not encouraged on these boards.
KF
Althena Bless u