Last Boss

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Metalking84
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Metalking84 »

I beat him. I started all over and i beat him at level 40. It was all stragety. I used a random and effective attack. My secret But thanks for the edvice.

Darkgeohound
Nanza Bandit

Post by Darkgeohound »

When i fought Ghaleon at the end of sssc i never had to use an item. Even without the hell ring on my first time through. But on the other playthroughs i beat it at lv. 58 and it only takes about 12 turns if you go completely offensive and let it all out on him. :)
There is no greater purpose in life than that which we make for ourselves.

DragonMaster Sam
Nanza Bandit

Post by DragonMaster Sam »

I remember the first time I beat him (the summer of '99), I had Alex switch between Sword Dance and Red Dragon Fire.. It used alot of MPs, but it did the job.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Someone actually used Red Dragon Anger? Wow.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, my thought's exactly. I don't really remember that spell being to effective against Ghaleon. Then again, the most effective spell was White Dragon Protection and then his Sword Dance.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

DragonMaster Sam
Nanza Bandit

Post by DragonMaster Sam »

Well, I did alternate, I think.. That was 6 years ago, so my memory is sorta foggy on that one.

Anyways, I finished up Lunar: SSSC today, and I beat Ghaleon at level 47, which is at or about below the level I usually beat him at.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Intresting enough, when I first beat Ghaleon, I was about, oh, level 47ish (give or take a couple of levels.) However, I found out that the level cap on the bosses where level. So the next time I played, I leveled up to about 55. Now, the first time I beat him, I never lost one person, and I plastered Ghaleon against the wall. Now, when I was a much higher level, not to mention beyond the level cap, I got massacred twice, then barely beat him the third time, even using the same strategy. Makes ya wonder doesn't it?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

My first time fighting Ghaleon, in the original Lunar The Silver Star was memorable.
He wiped out my entire party, and I was out of star lights, and silver lights so I had no magic left. Basically when Alex was just about dead he landed a regular attack on Ghaleon and he blinked out of existance, as all enemies did when you killed them in the original. Sitting there with my friend, we couldn't believe I beat him so close to Alex being killed. We actually played through the game together, so the first time playing it was a shared experience. Damn did that game have big dungeons.

On the subject of fighting Ghaleon, in Silver Star Story, it was difficult but I managed to beat him without losing a battle. You basically have to watch his actions, because his stances indicate what attacks he's about to unleash. When it came to the most deadly attacks, I would always cast White Dragon Protect before he was able to release it. I would let the characters take damage from any other attacks, except for the most devastating. Basically you heal every round using Jessica if you need to, or items from any character.

I have to say, it was cool gaining the Dragon Magics in the original Lunar, but in Eternal Blue, and both of the remakes, the only real useful spell is White Dragon Protect. Otherwise the Dragon Magics are too costly, or just not that useful when the magic cost far outweighs the usefulness of the spell. I would basically cast Blue Dragon Healing, Red Dragon Anger, or Black Dragon BlowJob... I mean Grief when I just wanted to see the spell animation. Please God let there be a console Lunar 3, and better Dragon Magics that are actually awesome to look at, and useful.

I've kept my strategy guides in mint condition, stickers and all are intact. Well, except for the poster offer cards. *grumble* :evil:

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

If you're bored, try attacking Ghaleon at level 99.

It's worth noting at level 99, you actually do more damage with the attack command then you do with sword dance.

6 hits*200 damage>1 hit for 999.

See, at that highest of all levels, Alex and Kyle have 5 natural attacks, Jessica has 4, and Nash and Mia have 3. There's also a Gale Ring available. Stick that puppy on Kyle to give him 6. And Althena's Sword'll get Alex to 6.

Then just hack the SOB to death. If you equip your healing rings wisely (Nash, Mia, Kyle) you can have the whole party regenerating (Jessica's staff regens her...) Which helps.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Hm...I just beat Ghaleon recently, actually. My party was level 50-51, and I had about...4 silver lights and 2 starlights. But unfortunately, I didn't have any of those items you guys have mentioned...like the hell ring and stuff. Or if I did, I didn't know I had them. >_>

Anyway, I beat him on my first try. He actually wasn't hard...I just kept using sword dance/blue dragon healing with alex, healing with jessica, power slash with kyle, thunderbolt/items with nash, and buffs/flame bomb with mia.

So...yeah. Ghaleon wasn't that bad. Zophar, on the other hand....

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

I just went back and beat ghaleon again. Lvl 45 was where my party was. No problem. For fun I'm going to beat him at 99 just to see how easy it really is.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I beat him at level 42.(I think) That or 44.
How can anyone have the patience or time to go up to level 99? What is the point.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

BraveKing
Lostest Boy

Post by BraveKing »

99 seems sorta redunetent...in alot of RPGs actually.

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

i know it would take a tremedous time but what i wanna know is, Has anyone done it? Just the thought of someone sitting down and playing and playing until they hit max point is incredible. Can it be done?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It seems very likely. I know people have played Lunar TSS to that point, and as I recall Angelalex here has maxed out EBC. I think he might have done the same with SSSC, not sure.

TSS has a few things still happening with the characters at higher levels. I don't remember the specifics, but Nash gets another attack at level 91 or thereabouts, and I think someone actually learns a new spell at level 95. Laike learns a new spell at 96, but not very many people level him up.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

In point of fact, I have done that with SSSC. I actually did it in the Black Dragon Fortress, of all places. It's roughly 50k xp going up, another 50k coming back down, and the idea is to hit 9,999,999 xp. So every 20 runs is a million xp. It can be done.

The main thing level 99 gives you is an extra attack.

The final attacks listing looks like this:
Alex and Kyle:5
Jessica:4
Nash and Mia:3

Yes, even the wizards get a third attack at level 99. Wierd, huh?

Ya know what's funny about level 99? Alex's basic attack command becomes stronger then Sword Dance. Against Ghaleon, you're better off hitting him 6 times for 1200 damage then once for 999. Ditto, Kyle. Amazing how much MP you save. More often then not, by attack strategy against Ghaleon is just having everyone hit him with physicals. Even Mia, whose 3 swipes at 200 a shot ends up doing more damage then Flameria, and Nash's 3 arrows at 200 does more damage then thunderbolt.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Thanks for the info. Do you have fairly detailed notes for these levelling efforts? I'm actually starting preliminary population of the encyclopedia (shock!) and it would be great to have this sort of thing there.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I have my memory, and that's it.

I haven't done the black dragon run in a long time, else I might've detailed what levels Alex, Kyle, and Jessica get more attacks. (their 4th and 3rd, respetively)

I do remember Mia and Nash get their second at 50 and their 3rd at 99. Sadly, I don't remember the details of the heavier hitters.

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

If your looking for info. Just do what i did. Go to game classics and look at the shrine they created about it. It tells you anything and everyting even detailed maps and locations of items.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Are you referring to the RPG Classics shrines? Ah, the SSSC does have level/stat charts, which I wouldn't have expected, so thanks for mentioning it. (It also indicates that the bromides from Ramus require paying off his debt...and has an absurd number of misspellings on that page for stuff that appears to be taken verbatim from the official guide.)