Liake and Dyne

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Liake and Dyne

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

I'm not sure if this has been asked before so don't bite my head off if it has.
If Luna was reborn into Luna and Dyne was reborn into Liake how come Liake looks soooo old? Shouldn't he be the same age.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Dyne wasn't reborn as Laike, in the same way Althena/Luna was.

The way I saw it, Althena as a goddess had to be reborn as a human, so that she could actually be a part of humanity. Otherwise, her powers and her wisdom would pose as a separator.

As for Dyne, he just lost his Dragonmaster powers, his magical abilities. I imagine it's akin to how Alex transforms, losing his armor and magic in turn as well. Laike's other changes afterward must be cosmetic... can't be recognized by many people.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yep, Laike just aged naturally. Main change seems to have been to grow a beard.

In the SegaCD game and artbook he's shown as having a mustache and beard even as a dragonmaster, so the main change there was to his clothing.

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

how come he takes on a new name. What keeps him from going under the identity of Dyne? Is it because people think he is dead.

BraveKing
Lostest Boy

Post by BraveKing »

Well look at it this way, they wanted people to live by their own power. SO Dyne took up a new name so peopel wouldnt look to the Dragonmaster teh same way tehy looked to altehna

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Even though your writing was hard to understand. I get what you mean. They need to start relying on themselves like they talk about in the game.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I suspect he also wanted to retire from the hero business. At some point he says he loves his new life as Laike, easygoing guy. He seems content to fade into obscurity, unlike Mel, Lemia, and Ghaleon who all continued in positions of leadership and power. Furthermore, in TSS it's implied or stated outright that the dragonmaster has to have a lot of magic, and since he lost all his confining the Black Dragon he perhaps could no longer be a dragonmaster. It may also be that there is no need for a dragonmaster if the goddess is currently human, as Althena became around when Dyne "retired" (the order of events is not clear).