Debug Mode?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Debug Mode?

Post by Shiva Indis »

I just found a code that claims to allow access to a debug menu in the Japanese Playstation version of Lunar: Silver Star Story.

When I googled the code I found very few instances of it, which makes me suspicious. But since I don't have a Japanese PS1 version, I can't test it. Perhaps someone around here who has that version and a cheat device can try it and report back?

http://homepage1.nifty.com/~gamo/code/lunar.htm

300B71F3 0001

When running the game with the code enabled, press Select + Circle for the debug menu, Select + R2 for sound test, and just Select for Flag Test. (Flags are usually pretty boring.)
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I have the game and a Japanese PSX, but no cheat device, I think, and don't know where I'd get one. Do you know what device it is? If there's more than one.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

If you have a Playstation emulator set up, you should be able to download a cheat plugin for it without too much trouble. I think I've used a PS1 emulator with the Xenogears debug mode before.

Unfortunately, if you don't have a PS1 emulator, I don't remember how to go about setting one up very well. :oops: I remember that the process was pretty involved, since the emu programs are modular, and probably will require some hunting down of BIOSes.
「まあいいけど。」