I have a question about Althena's hot springs.

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
TheI2eazon
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

I have a question about Althena's hot springs.

Post by TheI2eazon »

I am playing Lunar:SSSC for the first time ever and I just used a bar of soap for the guys in the hot spring. What does that do raise my stats? Can I only get two bars of soap in the whole game?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There are four bars of soap total, but most likely unless you're looking for them you'll only get two (which come pretty easily; as I recall, Mel gives you one and there's one in the Cave of Trial). You can buy one on the Hispaniola on your way to Meribia, but it's really expensive, and I can't think where the fourth is. The sad thing is, you'll only have one left now for the girls' spring, and there are two pictures...there are two pics for the guys' spring too, but rather less esthetic.

Oh, to answer your question, bathing doesn't affect stats at all. Its only purpose is to give you a picture to look at. Which of the two pictures you see is determined randomly, so make sure you save before washing so you can reload to see the other one if you only have one bar for then.

TheI2eazon
Burg Farmer

Post by TheI2eazon »

Well that is dissapointing that it doesnt do anything but I am very happy that I saved right bofre I used it for the guys so I can just keep it until I find the girls hot spring! Thanks a lot!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, one more thing, if you don't mind a minor spoiler: later in the game you can get a device which lets you watch all the cutscenes you've seen, and that includes whichever hot springs pics you've seen. But it's only if you saved after them, of course. So if you want to see the guys' springs and don't care about whether you ever see them again, then go ahead and bathe without saving so you can see their two pics. But when you get to the girls' springs, if you have two bars of soap you'll want to save beforehand because you might get the same picture twice instead of one of each, and most likely those are the ones you'll want to be able to view later.

Genocide
Pao Hunter

Post by Genocide »

I bought two bar of soaps on the Hispaniola today.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, maybe that's where the third and fourth are. Were there any left when you bought those two?

TheI2eazon
Burg Farmer

Post by TheI2eazon »

I only have on bar of soap and I think I got it from the theif guy in Raza I think it was when he gave back the White Dragon Wings.

Genocide
Pao Hunter

Post by Genocide »

I only bought two, but I could of bought a third if I wanted. I'm not sure if there is a limit.

Edit:
I just reloaded my game where I saved on the Hispaniola and sold all the items I had and purchased two more bars of soap which gave me a total of 4. I could still buy more if I had the sivler. So I assume it's unlimited. If you're wondering how much it costs, it's 1000s per soap.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I remember the price, it's the quantity that had me stuck.

...crud, I can't find my opened copy of the guide; I'll have to check a faq. The one I'm looking at says that the two from the thief (not Mel as I said earlier) and the red chest in the Cave of Trial are the only ones besides those sold on the boat. That would explain why likely on your first playthrough you'll only have two bars max, since there's no way of knowing while you're on the boat that that's your only chance to buy any. It was much easier to get in TSS.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, I forgot about finding the bars of soap outside of the Hispaniola. Regardless, trust me when I say that there is no limit on the bars of soap you buy on the ship. I remember playing until I was uberly leveled (and therefore had tons of silver) to spend, so I bought like, 8 or 9 bars (or more) of soap. I kicked myself when I realized that you could find several more bars of soap, and only 4 pictures total come from using them, so I could have pointlessly saved tons of cash by switching to Soapco!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Genocide
Pao Hunter

Post by Genocide »

Ok now I got a question about the springs. I just finished the frontier and now tried to goto both hot springs and they both say they've lost their cleansing power because of Ghaleon. Can I still see the anime sequences from both springs anytime later in the game or am I screwed? If so, yay.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Afraid you've missed the opportunity, then...after a certain point, and I think it's when the Grindery takes off, you can no longer visit the springs. Sorry. If you have a save from earlier in the game, give it a try; you do get an item which lets you view the cutscenes, but it only shows the ones you've actually seen in the game.

Post by Guest »

Heh I had like 20 bars of soap but then again I had max silver but' what got mad was they only sell for 5 silver talk about some expensive soap.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

We tend not to post in old topics, just in order to keep people's sanity (many of us don't have the time to review old topics), but...

I don't need much soap. :D Clutters up the inventory. ^^
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Post by Guest »

We tend not to post in old topics, just in order to keep people's sanity (many of us don't have the time to review old topics)

Well the only reason I was posting in old topics was to build up my posts cause other than hacking into this system and changing the amount of posts that I have the only other way is to actually post.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well the only reason I was posting in old topics was to build up my posts cause other than hacking into this system and changing the amount of posts that I have the only other way is to actually post.

::double takes:: Did you actually just say hacking into the system? You do that and you'll be banned perminately. Follow the rules and your post count will rise naturally. Quality of quantity...
-G1

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Ban him anyway. We don't want any of THOSE people who post just to get post count.

+1 POST COUNT!

Kidding. Don't flog me.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Post by Guest »

::double takes:: Did you actually just say hacking into the system? You do that and you'll be banned perminately. Follow the rules and your post count will rise naturally. Quality of quantity...

I know i'd be banned if I hacked into here, but, I won't hack into here so you don't have to worry about that G1.

+1 MORE POST COUNT :D joking. :)

Ban him anyway. We don't want any of THOSE people who post just to get post count.

Hey i'm not one of THOSE people i'm one of THESE people. :)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

And, as I've said in the other thread, posting just to raise your post count is spamming. Don't do it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Rino
Saith Pirate

Post by Rino »

Geez, is your post count really that important that you'd actually bother to hack into a message board just so you could raise it? Silly person.