cheating is bad!!!!!!!!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations

how many people use gameshark in this game anyway

Poll ended at Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:33 am

did you
11%
no gameshark
89%

Total votes: 9

dragonmaster_jonathan
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

umm

Post by dragonmaster_jonathan »

wow, you know, ghaleon isnt really someone that you need to cheat with. It just takes a good 10 to 20 minutes to beat him. :?

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

Using gamesharks for Lunar is like saying i cheated on how to spell my name. You don't need it because the game is pretty easy. No need to cheat. Has anyone beat the game at 99 without using a gameshark or other methods of cheating?

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I have never even touched the vile gameshark. Why should anyone even play a game if they are going to cheat with no difficulty? It is highly dishonorable.

Se onr sitja hvass!
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

BraveKing
Lostest Boy

Post by BraveKing »

everytime I tried to use a cheat device, the game would freeze or crash or something

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

NextGenerationLunarFan wrote:I have never even touched the vile gameshark. Why should anyone even play a game if they are going to cheat with no difficulty? It is highly dishonorable.

Gamesharks and similar devices can be useful for research -- establishing that Ghaleon really is unbeatable that first time, and so on. Other reasons are listed earlier in the thread, which you no doubt read in its entirety before posting.

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

I am scared of Gameshark. Ever since it damned my Poke'mon game to Hell, I have never used a Gameshark after that.

(yes I played Poke'mon)
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

In the brief time I had a Gameshark (and for the Genesis, the Game Genie), I found them interesting. You're assuming that the use of the Gameshark is to bypass the difficulty of the game, to get something more easily than it should be had. For me, it was just fun and interesting to go to a specific level in X-men, or to have oodles of magic in Golden Axe II, or to have astro-jump in Sonic. Actually, used correctly, a Gameshark could make a game more interesting (like by limiting jumping ability, health, etc.)

But this is an old thread, and I weary of it. ^^;;;
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy

Post by PurifyWeirdSoul »

Sonic# wrote:In the brief time I had a Gameshark (and for the Genesis, the Game Genie), I found them interesting. You're assuming that the use of the Gameshark is to bypass the difficulty of the game, to get something more easily than it should be had. For me, it was just fun and interesting to go to a specific level in X-men, or to have oodles of magic in Golden Axe II, or to have astro-jump in Sonic. Actually, used correctly, a Gameshark could make a game more interesting (like by limiting jumping ability, health, etc.)

But this is an old thread, and I weary of it. ^^;;;

Ahaha, Game Genie! I remember that worthless piece of junk. I bought mine used, and before you know it, the Game Genie got stuck in my NES! Or was it SNES?! Anyways, it got stuck, and so the console was pretty much useless after that. Lesson learned big time. Like momma used to say, "Don't cheat, or your console will break and you'll go to hell!" or something along those lines.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Probably the NES. Mine got partially stuck a few times. Though fortunately I always got it out. Half the codes those GameGenie booklets came with didn't even work anyways.
-G1

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

I could never figure those things out. I bought one used, got confused, and pretty much never tried to figure it out.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

These days, emulators let you search for your own cheats (NESTen is fun for this). And, you can still try out as many Game Genie codes as you'd like, so it's much fun.

The big limitation of the old NES Game Genie was that it only allowed you to enter in 3 codes. If you connected two Game Genies into one another and then the game, you could enter in 6 codes. If you connected three Game Genies into one another and then the game, you could set your NES on fire. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

When I posted earlier, I was just referring to using it for cheating such as just to beat the game and gloat about how they are at a higher level and beat the game much faster than an honest person. I should have typed that the first time.
I never felt the need for one myself.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The big limitation of the old NES Game Genie was that it only allowed you to enter in 3 codes. If you connected two Game Genies into one another and then the game, you could enter in 6 codes. If you connected three Game Genies into one another and then the game, you could set your NES on fire. KF

I forgot about that. That was a nice idea to try and get people to buy more.

The only way I ever beat Ninja Gaiden II was with a GameGenie. I could always get to the last stage, but never past the final boss.

But man was it a good game. Probably my favorite from those days.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:I forgot about that. That was a nice idea to try and get people to buy more.

Not really... because of the risk of fire, they strongly advised against connecting two Game Genies to one another. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You weren't joking? Wow.
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Kizyr wrote:
GhaleonOne wrote:I forgot about that. That was a nice idea to try and get people to buy more.

Not really... because of the risk of fire, they strongly advised against connecting two Game Genies to one another. KF

Pfft... I'm not afraid of a little fire. It didn't cause any sort explosion did it?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Of course he wasn't joking. Didn't you see the warning label? "Do not let Phyco near this thing!"

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."