Saturn translation [in progress!]

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Re: Saturn translation [in progress!]

Postby Shiva Indis » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:23 pm

It's pretty wild to see the logos for all the firms that made SSS followed up by Sonic. I assume video that sharp is too big to use -- kind of a shame.
「まあいいけど。」

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Postby DragonmasterDan » Mon May 06, 2019 8:01 pm

Ms. Tea wrote:
AkagisWhiteComet wrote:Are you planning on any work outside of LUNAR for the Sega Saturn?

[*] Grandia - I'm not the first person to look at this one, and I've been told it's a total pain technically, so I might not have any luck. The text has a superficial similarity to MSL - it uses the same font as MSL and Lunar: EB for Sega CD, which makes me wonder if there are internal similarities.

It appears a Grandia translation is already in beta for disc 1, so progress is being made!

Raining51
Burg Farmer

Postby Raining51 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:50 pm

One things that brought me to this site... I don't know how this is possible because I know nothing about fan translations but I've often been curious about the Saturn versions of Lunar since we never got to play them in America.

Alunissage
Goddess

Postby Alunissage » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:35 am

The Saturn versions of SSS and EB are functionally identical to the PS ones we played except for fewer bromides and dungeons (in EB). But the music sounds much better. There are lists of differences on the main site, but they're mainly focused on translation differences rather than Saturn/PSX differences since there aren't many.

Magical School Lunar, of course, has never been released outside of Japan.

Return to “Lunar: Silver Star Story (Complete)”