Magic?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
brit
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Magic?

Post by brit »

So I’m currently trying to beat my copy of Lunar Eternal Blue before I move. I took a one-year break from it after I hit the white dragon cave and got confused in the teleporters. I’m officially past that and working my way towards Borgan and the Black Fiend now. (Hiro is 53 – Ronfar 36 – Jean 36 – Lemina 33)

But just out of curiosity and the fact that I can’t find it what is the max magic level for the party. I know I’ve seen a few of you mention that Hiro’s wind doesn’t need leveled past 18 in some older topics but what about everyone else? Originally I was going to look over on the RPG Shrine site but the magic section no longer works unfortunately. D;

Thanks in advance guys ~ I really hate spending those ‘M’ points when I don’t have to! :D

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Magic?

Post by Alunissage »

The max magic level is 30. I think the only type I'm likely to get to that level in a normal game is Health, though. Hiro's Wind spells are pretty much unnecessary after the first dungeon or two, I found. Lemina's Ice and Fire are both useful but probably the Ice more than the Fire at this point in the game. Jean's Dance can be useful (especially Dopple Dance) but not as high a priority to level up as Lemina's magic. Ronfar's Chance spells can sometimes get you out of a tight spot but also not a high priority. Leo's Earth spells are about as useful as Hiro's Wind spells, i.e., not very.

So, Health, Ice, Fire, Dance, Chance, Wind, Earth is the order I'd prioritize. For all types you get the fourth spell at level 16, btw, so if you just want to see what they are that's the level to get them to. Oh, and Ronfar's Light Litany is totally helpful against bosses, including Borgan.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Ronfar's spells can also totally screw your ass. He may be a master gambler in the story but when you're using him in battle, he seems to have varying odds. I noticed that his spells seem to mostly work in some dungeons/areas and then hardly ever work in others.

If this isn't a replay, be aware that Borgan can be a major pain in the ass. Some dislike him more than Zophar in that regard. I disagree.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Thank you! I know I have managed to unlock everyone’s magic abilities so far, except Ronfar’s final chance one. Though I’m finding his chance to be kind of useless as Leo mentioned. I swear it hardly ever works in my favor. -_-

I don’t have the game on right now to check everyone’s level’s but I think most of them are in the twenties already. So I don’t think I’ll have too much of a problem getting the health one done first – though I know I wasted a good bit on Hiro at the start of the game. I have his wind at 24. xD

Leo, I’ve been hearing that. Though I also remember people saying the game in general was harder compared to the ps version , but I haven’t really had any trouble with it other than the teleporter room in the white dragon cave. ^^ But I guess I’ll see if that changes over the next few weeks. I know I've read up that unlike the ps version I'll have to fight those orbs he keeps around him as well though. but before that I also need to go get some Starlights - I'm running low. ^o^

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Well that's because Lunar has TRULY random battles. So many RPGs that came after them had an encounter rate that seemed to operate in a timing of sort. I can't think of many other games where you can walk for 20 seconds without a battle or get into one every other step you take for a while.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I pretty much only used Chance Dice, just because it's kind of fun to see what will happen. I've mentioned here once or twice that it once was the only way I won a battle. It was in the Illusion Woods just before getting to the carnival, so I only had Hiro and Ronfar in the party (Lucia was either dead or had run off, probably the latter), and those stupid goblins kept summoning more of themselves. My party couldn't knock out more than two or three per turn, so there were always eight of them to fight. Finally managed to poison about half of them using Chance Dice, so four of them got killed from the poison in one turn. That finally let me clean up the rest. I think there were over 40 goblins in that one battle.

Of course, the first or second time I used Chance Dice I got 2 or 12, whichever one does major damage to all allies, and killed everyone off. So, um, that's the downside.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Alunissage wrote:I pretty much only used Chance Dice, just because it's kind of fun to see what will happen. I've mentioned here once or twice that it once was the only way I won a battle. It was in the Illusion Woods just before getting to the carnival, so I only had Hiro and Ronfar in the party (Lucia was either dead or had run off, probably the latter), and those stupid goblins kept summoning more of themselves. My party couldn't knock out more than two or three per turn, so there were always eight of them to fight. Finally managed to poison about half of them using Chance Dice, so four of them got killed from the poison in one turn. That finally let me clean up the rest. I think there were over 40 goblins in that one battle.

Of course, the first or second time I used Chance Dice I got 2 or 12, whichever one does major damage to all allies, and killed everyone off. So, um, that's the downside.
I love those goblins for exactly this reason. I've kept those battles going on for what has felt like forever at times and the EXP and Silver payoff is incredible.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:I pretty much only used Chance Dice, just because it's kind of fun to see what will happen.
This is why Chance Dice is and always will be the best spell in any Lunar game. No need to level anything else. Just roll the dice on every encounter and hope for the best! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)