BRAM sure is sucky sometimes. Assistance?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
Leo
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

BRAM sure is sucky sometimes. Assistance?

Post by Leo »

From what I can tell, Zophar isn't the main enemy involved when I play this. BRAM is. The first time I tried to play this game, I made it to the white dragon cave and later went to start it again and my save was completely gone. The second time I made it to Raculi and saved it and then later on went to start it back up and it somehow reset me back to just after I beat Borgan.

Save stating doesn't feel legitimate. I realize that Lunar is save-anywhere, but it feels like cheating since you use magic points for saving and for upgrading your magic. I'd settle for downloading a save, but it would have to be with my characters being at slightly lower levels so I wouldn't feel like I was cheating. It seems every save I can find is either hacked or at the very end of the game. This sucks Dover Nuts. :x

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: BRAM sure is sucky sometimes. Assistance?

Post by Kizyr »

Leo wrote:From what I can tell, Zophar isn't the main enemy involved when I play this. BRAM is. The first time I tried to play this game, I made it to the white dragon cave and later went to start it again and my save was completely gone. The second time I made it to Raculi and saved it and then later on went to start it back up and it somehow reset me back to just after I beat Borgan.
Which emulator ye be usin', lad? (An' I sure hope yer not... PIRATIN'... the game now.)
One o' th' problems with emulation is that when ye save-state, it save-states yer saves (at least that be my experience). So if'n ye saves, closes the emulator, then opens it again, the game's like a ship fresh out a harbor an' with no crew.

My guess is yer tryin' somethin' like this:
[Open Emulator] -> [Run Game] -> [Save In-Game] -> [Close Emulator]
then
[Open Emulator] -> [Run Game]
an... yer saves be empty as a chumbucket in a shark tank. Sometimes. Like a one-in-pieces-of-eight chance.

Let me chart a li'l course for ye. Try this:
[Open Emulator] -> [Run Game] -> [Save in-game] -> [Save State] -> [Close Emulator]
then
[Open Emulator] -> [Load State]
an... yer saves are as full as a chamber pot after chili night. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Leo
BANNED

Re: BRAM sure is sucky sometimes. Assistance?

Post by Leo »

So you're saying I should use Save Stating as a means of preserving my legitimate in-game saves? That hasn't occurred to me.. Good call!

Also I'm using Gens, but I've heard people make the same complaints about Kega Fusion.