Lunar~EB on Toasty Frog's Sega Retrospective

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar~EB on Toasty Frog's Sega Retrospective

Post by Temzin »

Hi everyone, making a rare reappearance in these Lunar-starved times (the fire in my heart always burns brightly, however!) to note that venerable New Games Journalist Jeremy Parish has posted a nice look back on Lunar~EB as part of the Mega Drive retrospective in the latest issue of his internet magazine, Gamespite. I recognized ilovemyguitar's post there and thought some other people might enjoy seeing the article, particularly since it's so rare to hear thoughts and views on our beloved games from the "outside," beyond the realms of Lunar-Net.

Here we go:
http://telebunny.net/toastyblog/2012/10 ... rnal-blue/
Last edited by Temzin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka Maou

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Lunar~EB on Toasty Frog's Sega Retrospective

Post by Alunissage »

Huh. I never think of ToastyFrog as being "outside" Lunar because he was active on the WDMB at the time I joined it (which was my first introduction to people interested in Lunar). He was one of the EBC haiku writers, and I bought his Nall plush (as a gift for a friend). It's been years since I've read anything of his, though; I'll have to check this out at some other hour.

P.S. Good to see you around again. It seems to me that I had a question for you, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was now. Do you get email notification of private messages here? Would like to be able to reach you once I remember what my question was.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Always nice to stop in! That's a great and interesting point about Parish---one of the haiku writers, no less? Fantastic. I remember the goofy energy of the WDMB, too, but I must not have been around enough to notice it was him, or perhaps I wasn't paying attention (more likely) despite having loved ToastyFrog2D since the earliest of days. Maybe it was seeing the small collection of fond memories and comments posted in response to his article that made me marvel that people beyond the peaceful realms of Lunar-Net still could find a place in their hearts for this most meaningful of games.

As for questions, always feel free to drop a line if something occurs to you! I fumbled around with the board settings and think that I ought to get notified when a PM comes around, but in any event, you can always use the address I listed in the Lunar I&II book's translation on the main site, maoujacky at hotmail.com, and it'll get to me one way or another!
aka Maou

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, his haiku was this one:

Heavenly bodies
Eyes turn upward in rev'rence
Goddess in a thong

Not surprising, with that pun.