leveling

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

leveling

Post by segaboy7 »

I just recently started this game again. Though i have beaten it like 8 times i never took the time to level, so wheres a really really good place to level?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I generally don't like levelling up, but when I'm playing through that way, my favourite thing to do is to level up Hiro alone. If he's at a high level, he ends up carrying the rest of the party through much more easily.

After you return to Taben's Peak the second time, after freeing the Dragon Kids from L--the Blue Dragon Karate Master--the rest of the party will split up. Instead of going to Lucia, go back down from Taben's Peak and head to the Meribian Sewers once again. There, you can fight alone as Hiro close to the entrance and hoard all the EXP for yourself, letting him level up almost five times as fast. When you're satisfied, rejoin the party a full 10 or so levels higher. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Dosn't commanding certain party members to run while some stay do that too with the EXP?

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

ok sounds good, it also doesn't help that it seems hiro needs more exprience to level then another character.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

WD RPG WD wrote:Dosn't commanding certain party members to run while some stay do that too with the EXP?

Yeah, but EB always has such a low success rate with running. You usually end up having enemies wail on those characters. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

rubixspoly
Burg Farmer

Post by rubixspoly »

dude I know a great leveling place, Lion head fight the black balls with the one I heck two of those guys give you 22,000 experince, everytime you beat them.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Only thing is, Lionhead is most of the way through the game, where levelling isn't so useful. Can't you only get into it after Neo-Vane?

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Will the rest of the party be close to the same level as Hiro?

As for Lionhead, it would make sense to be able to go in after Neo-Vane.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

What's that first line in response to? This thread was last posted on six months ago.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Ooops! I meant after you train Hiro by himself before going back to Taben's Peak. Will the rest of the group be close to his level, or will they be at the same level before the group was separated?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

They'd be at their own levels. Only Leo and Lucia level with Hiro (which is to say that whenever Leo/Mystere joins the party he has the same exp as Hiro; presumably his exp accumulates separately thereafter), and I'm not positive about Lucia. In my current playthrough, she certainly levels up when he does (as shown by her max HP) but she's also counted when the EXP is divvied up. I'll have to check numbers for battles in which she runs away or is killed.

yroc
Lyton Singer

Post by yroc »

There is a way to level up quite quickly in a short amount of time. However, it requires that you have the Althena's Crest and Lemina's Catastrophe.

Once you have them, equip the Althena's Crest and Warrior Crest that boosts Attack for Hiro. Then buy Warrior Crests for everyone else except Lemina on the team. Try to combine crests to boost her magic instead.

Next , go to White Dragon Cave and pick a fight with 1 Chiro. Have Jean use Blue Dragon Fist on every monster, and Hiro should use Triple Sword on the remaining Chiro.

Have Ronfar attack and Lucia should end up using Atomic Burn. And finally, Lemina should use Castrophe. The Chiro should die by that time. And then you get 33,333 or so exp. and 11,111 silver.

If magic runs low, use starlights to replenish them, you should be able to fight enough Chiros to make up for the money. I used this trick before fighting Zophar and was at level 60 something. A more indepth guide is at GameFaqs.com under Chiro Hunting.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Wrong game. You're thinking of the remake (Eternal Blue Complete). This board is for the original Sega CD Eternal Blue.
-G1