Question about Shining Litany

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Question about Shining Litany

Post by Dark_Fairy »

So, for like the last 4 boss battles I've used Shining Litany it keeps getting reflected and healing the boss. Why is this? At first I thought it was just some sort of move the boss was using to block it, but I'm not so sure anymore. What happens is that it hits the boss fine, but as soon as it tries to heal me me it gets reflected back to the boss, healing it. Could it be something I equipped? I didn't cast anything either. It worked fine until I got to the White Fiend (or blue, don't remember which for sure it started goofing up on). Now I'm in the Goddess Tower fighting the boss (not saying what to avoid spoilers) and it is still freaking reflecting it back to heal the boss!

Is this natural for the bosses to be doing this? I haven't tried shining litany on normal enemies, so I don't know if it really is reflecting 100%. Oh, and I can heal myself normally with Tranquil Litany just fine. It's just whenever I try to steal HP with Shining Litany it fails.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Question about Shining Litany

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Its mostly likely because you have something equipped, im pretty sure theres something that automatically has reflect on you when it equipped. I've seen it in other games too

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

That's what I figured. I guess I won't worry about it too much, since I'm only mainly going to need Ronfar for healing for now on anyway.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I don't remember anything like this specifically. I'm sure I got a lot of use out of that spell, and if I ran into the difficulties you're having it'd probably ring a bell, though. So I concur with Kaiya-Sky.
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I think I remember this happening to me. Just check what accessories you have equipped. If you have Magic Shield cast I think that may be reflecting it. There should be an effect happening when the magic reflects. If it's something like a crescent dome effect then it's the Magic Shield.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I thought shining Litany was an HP Syphon. Taking it from the enemy and bubbling it over your party.

Or a Heal over Time like Lifebloom.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.