Good place to grind

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
Justinzero
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Good place to grind

Post by Justinzero »

I'm at the Red Dragon Cave, just grinding out the last few levels of Magic for each character. With the release of the WSL patch, I'm now in a big hurry to finish my jam on Lunar EB. I was wondering what everyone's favorite place to grind levels is?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: Good place to grind

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I think you're too early in the game, but I always found myself grinding around the area of the Dragon's Nest. There were those flying bat eyeballs and something else.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

I remember I would try and grind in the ice area by the White Dragon Cave with the infamous Ice Mongrels. You don't really have any effect on them until you are much stronger later in the game. If you fight them too early, they just usually run away. IF you are able to beat even one, however, you would get a whopping 32767 Exp. points! If you are able to defeat two of them, you get a staggering 65535 Exp. points! When I was finally strong enough to have a real effect on them, that's how I was able to finally max out all my characters and their spells and that was one of my proudest achievements in EB :)
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I managed to kill one mongrel in Taben's Peak earlier today, I got really lucky considering most of them kept running away. I would recommend a place to grind, but currently I'm behind you in the game, Justinzero. I just got to the Meribia Sewers. >_>

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Ice Mongrels have a freaky attack. I don't know what the hell comes out of their mouth, but it's nasty. I forgot to mention they are good for EXP but you may not be at the level to really do damage.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Eeew, yeah, I remember the Ice Mongrels from EBC. They puke out something similar to a tiny ferret, right?...
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It's a gangly penis. That would make for a great animated gif. Someone get on that!

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

Thanks a lot now whenever I play all I'll see is a penis.
I - am that is

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Are you playing Urotsukidoji(sp?) the video game? :P I can't help that you are being assaulted by Snow pups and Ice Mongrels who have a thing for you.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

One trick I always liked doing when I felt like blazing through to the end of the game was grinding at the Meribian Sewers. The enemies in there give an obscenely high level of EXP and MEXP for where they are in the game, and by the time you've got Battalion Sword they're exceedingly easy to kill quickly. If I'm even in the mood for no challenge and just want the story, I'll stay there until I'm level 40 and just blaze through the rest of the game.
-Nobi

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Kizyr's apartment is also a great place to grind.

Protip.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.