My game froze!

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
Justinzero
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My game froze!

Post by Justinzero »

I'm currently in the Merbia sewers buffing up some Magic Points. I had just saved after fighting the assassins, so I only lost about 20 minutes of grinding. Still, I've never had this happen to me over all these years with the game. It happened when Lemina's Flame Shot spell was supposed to load up. Nothing happened though, and all of the characters just stood there, apparently enjoying the music or something.

Has this happened to anyone else at all?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Re: My game froze!

Post by ilovemyguitar »

In all fairness, EB's battle music is pretty kicky.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I've had it lock up before while playing on an actual console, but in a different situation - it failed to load after playing the "first sight of Pentagulia" cutscene. Only ever happened once. It made me sad, because Pentagulia is my favorite part of the game.
「まあいいけど。」

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Almost every game machine I have owned has, at one time or another, frozen on me. The Nintendo, the Sega, the Playstation (though that was due to scratches on a disk), and my xBox 360 (which caused about 2 hours of play time lost on Halo 3). I think my handhelds are the only ones that have yet to freeze on me, that and the original xbox (which I no longer have).

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

EB froze on me at least twice when I first played it, and that was on a brand-new copy. However, one of those was my inadvertent discovery of the Lemina Bug, which doesn't work as the Leo Bug. Unfortunately, the second time it crashed was in the same spot, in Vane after the long scene with Zophar, so I had to sit through that seven-minute scene three times. That was on the model 1 SegaCD, which may have been worse for that sort of thing.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Add me to the list. I remember in one of my original playthroughs, the game froze when Ghaleon and Fake Althena were talking to Lucia underneath Pentagulia.
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Justinzero
Lostest Boy

Post by Justinzero »

My game froze again today, and at the best possible moment too. I was grinding out some levels for about 2 hours, when I got a nice black screen after a fight.

This has happened twice since my initial post, which has me a bit worried. Is my Sega CD finally on the fritz, or is this game just really..... dated? :)