- (Intro, Hiro's not dead) "Okay, that's it. No more exploring for us. I've had it! We always end up getting into some sort of tro..." Adventurous Ruby -1.
- (Directly after exiting Dragon Ruins) "Whew! That was too close for comfort! Inferno Ghouls, booby traps, huge rocks... But, we scored a big reward this time, and that makes it all worthwhile!" Adventurous Ruby +1.
- (After Zophar curses Lucia) "Hiro, I'm scared. This is too big for us. We don't belong in this struggle. If only we hadn't taken that Dragon Eye Jewel from the ruins..." Adventurous Ruby -1.
So, if nearly getting killed by a long drop is too much, running an obstacle course while being chased by fire monsters ought to drive Ruby crazy, right? ...No, she's okay with that. They got the item. But wasn't the item a foolish risk a little bit ago...? Hrm.
Since this seemed weird, decided to compare these lines to the Japanese version (since that's how I roll) and found that they were quite a bit different. Here are some quick translations of the lines from the same respective spots in the Japanese version:
- (Intro, Hiro's not dead) "Jeez, Hiro, you always blow it right at the last moment! And then I have to..."
- (Directly after exiting Dragon Ruins) "Wow, that was a wild ride!! You've really been taking a lot of falls today, Hiro. We got one of the jewels, so why don't we head home for the day?"
- (After Zophar curses Lucia) "Ugh, my heart's beating so fast it's making me feel bad... I'm kind of scared..."
BTW, I researched on the Sega/Mega CD versions which is why I posted here, but I imagine it'd apply to the remake pretty well. The intro has the same dialog at least.