Borgan

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
Nitemares
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Borgan

Post by Nitemares »

i remember when this game came out when i was a junior / senior in high school, i played it and i remembered back then that Borgan was so hard, barely beatable, i know i barely did after several tries.

but i replayed it a couple months ago, on the sega cd (i have an X-Eye), and borgan was actually easy, beat him the first time with no one dying. here's the one main tip to do it:

every enemy almost that you come accross just fight instead of running from, you should be fine on levels and hit points, even when he does his Gravity Bomb attack. plus in the long run you won't have to just stay in one place to get your guys up to levels, so it all levels out to the same.

probably what made him really hard and what people have problems with is that the orbs are all seperate targets, i wish they kept it that way in the playstation version.

anyone else replay lunar eternal blue on sega cd lately and found borgan quite easy or am i the only one?

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Borgan

Post by Sonix »

I've only played through that part once. I had not ran away from any battles but I still had troubles with that fight. As in matter in fact, I had to load like 6-7 times. I also had problems with the Red Dragon (first time), he just kept killing my party with that breath (3-4 tries). I did however beat Zophar on first try...
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Nitemares
Saith Pirate

Post by Nitemares »

if i remember correctly, for some reason i can't remember how the fight went (oh well), but that one of the orbs heals and one attacks and one magic? well whatever, just let the one orb heal borgan and attack the strongest magic orb or something like that and attack the next strongest and after the orbs are gone i'm pretty sure borgan is all that's left.

i do remember the fight took a while cause the orbs are it's own hitpoints.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

One orb heals, one does a physical attack, and one provides a magic barrier for Borgan. I always found that the easiest trick was to place the party around Lemina under a Magic Shield spell, and have her use Magic Swiper on one of the orbs whenever she started to run low on MP. I'd take out the barrier orb first, then the healing orb, and then go for Borgan himself.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Sometimes you get lucky and he keeps attacking the same character. Beat his ass with everyone else and heal the character that he focuses on periodically.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I think it's more a matter of knowing what's ahead. I know when I first played, I ran away from battles a lot, so I was underlevelled at many points--including Borgan. When I played through again, I knew that running away from battles constantly would cause me problems later on, so it became much easier (I also knew how to prepare for what was in the next town/dungeon over).

Although, Borgan was still a pain on several more play-throughs. He got easier, but not enough to where the battle wasn't tough anymore. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Leveling up really is a key to beating the big man, but I generally adapted ilovemyguitar's strategy of using the Magic Shield to protect everyone. If you can take out the orbs without while staying healthy, it becomes much easier to heal up and keep attacking when he does a Gravity Bomb. It really is considered one of, if not the, best battles in the game. Probably only Omni-Zophar himself can be as difficult.

Just too bad he was turned into a super-wuss in the remake.
-G1