Wolfgang's Lunar: Eternal Blue Mega CD Page Question!

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
dhowerter
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Wolfgang's Lunar: Eternal Blue Mega CD Page Question!

Post by dhowerter »

Hi all :D

I found Wolfgang's Lunar: Eternal Blue Mega CD Page (for the Sega CD Lunar EB) in the Lunar-Net link section (link below) and it looks like a GREAT site with a ton of info and pics / animations (for bosses) / maps up the wazoo,etc

BUT I really want to know, since the site is called "Mega CD" and NOT "Sega CD", I know have 2 questions:

1. Is all the info on that site (Maps, stats for weapons, magic, treasure locations, etc) from the Japanese version of Lunar: EB?

2. If yes, (and here is the core of the matter), would all the info on that site be accurate for the USA Sega CD version of the game?

Specifically, would the following info from that site be accurate for the USA Sega CD version of the game?

- Dungeon Maps (including the actual layouts and corresponding item locations)

- Boss info and stats (including the animations each boss has for each individual attack)

- Weapon, Armor, and Items - including numerical stats (Defense, Attack, etc.) and special propreties

- Magic Info / Spell lists - including spell costs, spell LEVELS, etc.

- Any other info I didn't mention above

I'd love to use this site's info to play through the game, but I want to make sure it is accurate first for the USA version of the game (Working Design's version)

So does anyone know? Please help! Thanks ^_^

Direct link to the Lunar 2 EB Mega CD Page:
:
http://rpg-home.lunar-net.com/lunarweb/ ... index.html

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Wolfgang's Lunar: Eternal Blue Mega CD Page Question!

Post by Alunissage »

Wolfgang is German, and the console is called the Mega Drive / Mega-CD in Europe. Actually everywhere but NA. The site's information looks to be entirely from the English version.

dhowerter
Lann Fisherman

Post by dhowerter »

Alunissage wrote:Wolfgang is German, and the console is called the Mega Drive / Mega-CD in Europe. Actually everywhere but NA. The site's information looks to be entirely from the English version.

OK, are we SURE all the info from that page is from the **USA** version of the game?

I ask because I know Working Designs had a habit of CHANGING lots of stuff when they bring over a game to the USA. I thought perhaps they had changed some of the maps / numerical stats in order to make the game harder/ easier / more balanced, etc.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

*sigh* I'm not going to check every stat on that page against the US guide (there is no JP guide to that game), but I checked the spells whose costs I know changed and the numbers on Wolfgang's site are definitely from the US game.

It's no secret that WD changed things in the game. The maps weren't one of them, though. Kizyr would have mentioned them in his page of J-to-E differences:
http://lunar-net.com/eb/eb_diff.php

There's no source that I know of for checking the stats of the Japanese monsters directly. However, at least two players of the Japanese game (one of which is myself) noticed that Borgan seemed to cast Gravity Bomb MORE often in the Japanese game.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

dhowerter wrote:OK, are we SURE all the info from that page is from the **USA** version of the game?
Yes
dhowerter wrote:I ask because I know Working Designs had a habit of CHANGING lots of stuff when they bring over a game to the USA. I thought perhaps they had changed some of the maps / numerical stats in order to make the game harder/ easier / more balanced, etc..
No, they didn't.
dhowerter wrote:1. Is all the info on that site (Maps, stats for weapons, magic, treasure locations, etc) from the Japanese version of Lunar: EB?
No, it's from the English version.
dhowerter wrote:2. If yes, (and here is the core of the matter), would all the info on that site be accurate for the USA Sega CD version of the game?
See above.

Also, please don't post the same thing in multiple threads. I delete the duplicates. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You know, I haven't actually heard from Wolfgang in ages. I've been hosting his sites for like 7 or 8 years. I think it's been at least 6 since we talked. His sites were always some of my favorites though. He's got stuff on there that LunarNET doesn't (all the sprites and icons for one, and lots of detailed info for another).
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

There was that time fairly recently that he made that Dragon Quest VIII page though, right? I would've figured you'd heard from him more recently.

So he's probably still alive, just... reclusive for the next big game to make a page for. And when he strikes... it'll be one of the most comprehensive pages, guaranteed. :D
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time