Playing through this again.

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Playing through this again.

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I was moving stuff around my home the other day, and I stumbled across my old EB game cd, and I decided to give it another whirl via emulator. It dawned on me that someone here might want me to check something on my way through it, possibly screen grab some things (continuity stuff, etc). As of posting this, I'm in the sewers under Meribia.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Playing through this again.

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

ilovemyguitar wrote:I was moving stuff around my home the other day, and I stumbled across my old EB game cd, and I decided to give it another whirl via emulator. It dawned on me that someone here might want me to check something on my way through it, possibly screen grab some things (continuity stuff, etc). As of posting this, I'm in the sewers under Meribia.
Posting on these boards and uploading the videos made me wanna play through it as well! Ah yes, good ol' sewers of Meribia. I remember playign it this first time and waiting so anxiously to get to Meribia, since it was also in the first one and I was anxious to see what changed in 1000 years lol. Sewers still looked pretty much the same (maybe a LITTLE more detailed but still nice) and Meribia saw a nice facelift since the first Lunar. Oddly enough, in the remakes, Meribia seem to look exactly the same in both parts. Hmmmm......
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Well, to be fair, all of Lunar gets a facelift between TSS and EB. EB uses what seems to be a wider color palette, and pretty much everything has much more detail. Of course, that doesn't apply to stuff like the city's layout, and the fact that EBC's Meribia looks nearly identical after 500-1000 years (depending on which version you're playing) is sorta strange. But I do particularly like how EBC Meribia has those bricks that lead to what used to be Black Rose Street.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I have to say it frustrated me to SEE Black Rose Street without being able to go there. Ditto with the towers in Vane.

My sister and I have been slowly replaying EB over, hm, the past year. It's been fun. She plays, I take notes. I think we stopped last time just after getting to Neo-Vane.