Do I remember correctly, or am I just crazy?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Do I remember correctly, or am I just crazy?

Post by DezoPenguin »

Not that those are mutually exclusive, by any means, but...

I seem to recall that in the original Lunar: EB, every so often boss monsters would have the power to strip the players of their various buffing spells. This wouldn't be a special attack a la the Profound Darkness's "Cancelling" in Phantasy Star 4, but occasionally at the start of a round, before actions started happening, the players would pulse with light and they'd be stripped of any effective Power Drives, Althena Litanys, Blue Dragon Vigors (ack!) and White Dragon Protects (death usually following).

Am I crazy, or did this actually happen now and again?

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Hmm, I remember the party pulsing with light right before the boss attacked, but I'm not sure if it's the cancelling of support magic. To me, it was a warning that the enemy was about to attack. But, I haven't played EB in about five years, so I can't honestly say.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Do I remember correctly, or am I just crazy?

Post by Kizyr »

DezoPenguin wrote:I seem to recall that in the original Lunar: EB, every so often boss monsters would have the power to strip the players of their various buffing spells. This wouldn't be a special attack a la the Profound Darkness's "Cancelling" in Phantasy Star 4, but occasionally at the start of a round, before actions started happening, the players would pulse with light and they'd be stripped of any effective Power Drives, the heathen Goddess Litanys, Blue Dragon Vigors (ack!) and White Dragon Protects (death usually following).
That flash happens, but it's not something that's necessarily done by the enemy. A flash signifies that the White Dragon Protect has run out, for instance (related to the duration of the spell). A brief flash also indicates which of the weak humans is about to be struck (or is being targeted) by their enemies. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Looks like it's crazy status for me, then (wait...White Dragon Protect has a duration? Bad enough it lasts for one hit only.). Ah well, as my wife often quotes, "I was normal once, but I didn't like it." :D

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I remember this as well. It would seem to happen right before some of the larger attacks, and would completely wipe anything I had on my characters off of them.

This happened particularly when I fought the Dragon Fiends.
-Nobi

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

YES! It was definitely the Fiends who did it (hm...and I have a vague recollection of Omni-Z doing it before a Metal Shot, too...dern him...). Welcome to our shared delusion. :D